Thread: Worth the cost of a SUB 550P?

Worth the cost of a SUB 550P?

I have the L100T now, not sure how low they go but this goes down to 27Hz..or suppose to

Quote Originally Posted by man00 View Post
    I have the L100T now, not sure how low they go but this goes down to 27Hz..or suppose to
    doesn't matter now, talked myself out of buying one

L100t's should be strong to 35hz in most rooms. The Sub550 looks like a pretty basic, POS woofer in a box - the advantage of a subwoofer is being able to place it where the bass sounds best, and tweak the level and crossover to sound best in your room. You would gain that, but I suspect the quality of bass from your L100t's is much better. I would keep looking for a really good, used sub, though probably not JBL, as they don't have good mid-priced subwoofers, and those that you might find used (Performance Series PS1400 would be awesome) tend to blow capacitors in the amps, necessitating a couple hundred bucks for a rebuild. Good luck!
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HCSGuy View Post
    L100t's should be strong to 35hz in most rooms. The Sub550 looks like a pretty basic, POS woofer in a box - the advantage of a subwoofer is being able to place it where the bass sounds best, and tweak the level and crossover to sound best in your room. You would gain that, but I suspect the quality of bass from your L100t's is much better. I would keep looking for a really good, used sub, though probably not JBL, as they don't have good mid-priced subwoofers, and those that you might find used (Performance Series PS1400 would be awesome) tend to blow capacitors in the amps, necessitating a couple hundred bucks for a rebuild. Good luck!
    JBL is/was having decent sale on the sub and other speakers..after reading some reviews on other sites JBL isn't the way to go

Thread Information