Hi All.

I have a question for you all as a horn newbie that I hope you can help me out with. I recently acquired a pair of JBL 2425J drivers on the cheap and found, when I took them apart to check the diaphragms and to get rid of the decaying foam inside, that they contain an original titanium JBL diaphragm in one, and a knockoff titanium diaphragm in the other. By all reports, and some quick listening, the JBL sounds noticeably better. I am at the point where I would like to either buy another 16 Ohm JBL diaphragm (the one I have measures very close to the top end of the 6.5 Ohm +/- 10% spec at 7.1 Ohms, so this may be a problem), or purchase a new pair of Radian 1225-8 diaphragms instead. I will be using these drivers with either 511Bs or a pair of CD horns that I have on hand, with a Peavey FH1 as a bass bin. This two way will be used for home hifi use with low wattage tube amps (my primary hobby is building tube amps, mostly SETs). I am hoping that you have some advice on what would be the best way to go, and any tips that you have on properly installing the diaphragm or diaphragms that are recommended would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Tiz