Thread: 375 construction / assembly / parts

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

375 construction / assembly / parts

I had a 375 with the phase plug sitting high. After reading a few threads here about the dos and don'ts of taking a 375 apart, I decided to tackle it myself. Yes, taking it apart without degaussing was a task and I was very aware of where my fingers were at every moment as well as told my wife I was going to be doing something stupid. I got it apart and back together with the phase plug in the right location. Not really sure how it got out of alignment as it all seemed to just go back where it was suppose to when reassebling. While apart I noted all the parts. I found a cross section and labeled the ones I knew (or think I know) and put question marks for the ones I didn't. Could someone take a look at the attached picture and fill in the blanks of 1??, 2?? and 3?? I wanted to start a discussion about the assemble and servicing of the 375 but wasn't sure of all the names of the parts. I'm curious to discuss if the 375, LE85, 175, etc. can be serviced by us and not necessarily sent to JBL or other professionals when needing more than new diaphragms. There seems to be a lot of back and forth about this in the posts I read. Maybe more detail can be provided for those wanting to tackle it themselves or advise to those wondering if it is something they can do or should refer to a pro.

Thanks,

Eric M.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information