Hello,

as I'm new to this board, I'll give you some informations about me first: My first contact with JBL products was a K130 driver, soon followed by a K140, that I've both bought as a pupil in the 1970ies, about 40 years ago. A friend of mine gave me a set of official JBL enclosure plans for their K series, so I built two identical (besides the vents...) musical instrument loudspeaker boxes according to these plans. I still own the K140 one, but the plans appear to have vanished...

A few weeks ago I've been given a pair of TLX-70 home speakers with rotten bass and midrange driver surronds that are waiting to be repaired. But actually I'm planning to built a pair of 4430 clones instead...

This wonderful 2235H bass driver in the 4330 is EOL since many years. So there are just some very few ways to get one as new: Reconing an old 2235H with a genuine C8R2235 from JBL is the official way. I can't souce any, but have heard that there are at least two speakers that could be converted into 2235H's: The 2234 (no surprise) and the 2225. Are there any other 15" drivers that share the same basket and motor, hence could be converted successfully?

As the genuine JBL recone kits definitively can't be called cheap, and as there are aftermarket kits as well, which one of these would recreate the original parameters as near as possible?

Best regards!