Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 104

Thread: 4365 has quality problems

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ont.
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hi Earl K,

    what kind of problem can expected to use Be-Trx diaphragm with 476 core.
    I can imagine that Mg diaphragm would produce higher F/R response then Be-Trx one.
    Using JBL Be diaphragm, would be different story, I think.....

    regards
    ivica
    Ivica,

    I have no idea if older JBL diaphragms will even fit into the 476 driver ( since I don't own any 476 type drivers > therefore can't try out the idea ).

    I also don't know if the 476 line of drivers uses JBL's standard sized phase-plug ( ie; using the same curvature and height ).



  2. #62
    Administrator Robh3606's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rocinante
    Posts
    7,984
    The 476's use a coherent wave phase plug so a 2450+SL/2451 I would think would fit as they are also Neo drivers same phase plug. ???

    Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ont.
    Posts
    4,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    The 476's use a coherent wave phase plug so a 2450+SL/2451 I would think would fit as they are also Neo drivers same phase plug. ???

    Rob
    It's the curvature & height of the phase-plug that concerns me most.


  4. #64
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by hlaari View Post
    I need to check out my 476Mg drivers, it does not look good like this




    Ari
    Hi Ali,

    How is everythg going?how about your 4348 clone work?

    I konw you like 476Mg very much,please let us konw your comments
    46 lover

  5. #65
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    Can TrueExtent Be diaphragms be installed in the 476Mg core?
    Very good question,i am anxious to know the answer too,can it be replaced with Be diaphragms directly without any modification of the crossover?
    46 lover

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Very good question,i am anxious to know the answer too,can it be replaced with Be diaphragms directly without any modification of the crossover?

    I have active crossover, so I do not care about that. I can just remeasure and make new EQ-settings. I meant if the TrueExtent Be dia fits and works technically in the 476-core.

  7. #67
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Today two local audiophile complained that their 4365s have quality problems after two years using,they said thses problems are very common in 4365.
    1.476Mg cladding material is easy to exfoliate,this will block the gap.
    2.the magnetic steel is easy to rust.
    These problems caused the compression drivers don't have same SPL.
    Why?
    And more,one 4365 user said the components of 4365 crossover is very poor comparing with 4367,is that true?
    below is the pix of 4367's crossover
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    46 lover

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Gothenburg, Sweden
    Posts
    759
    I think we have had this discussion before, were I claim that 4365 crossover probably was somewhat ”detuned” to not make 4365 sound too good relative K2 and Everest.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Hi Ali,

    How is everythg going?how about your 4348 clone work?

    I konw you like 476Mg very much,please let us konw your comments



    476Mg is a great sounding driver, but I hope at my 476Mg in the S9900 project is in good condition, I have not take a look inside them yet



    Ari

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    And more,one 4365 user said the components of 4365 crossover is very poor comparing with 4367,is that right?
    below is the pix of 4367's crossover

    I think at the components in 4365 and 4367 is in similar quality, S9900 and DD67000 have better capacitors and better design crossover
    I think at all the networks JBL use in the high end speakers could use better parts (capacitors, resistors and inductors)
    I would go for Jantzen capacitors and inductors



    Ari

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Richmond Hill, Ont.
    Posts
    4,682
    And more,one 4365 user said the components of 4365 crossover is very poor comparing with 4367,is that right?
    below is the pix of 4367's crossover
    Lets keep this thread focused about the oxidation problems that some 476Mg drivers have > rather than a general gripe-fest ( or buyers-remorse blog ) about the 4365.


  12. #72
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy76 View Post
    I think we have had this discussion before, were I claim that 4365 crossover probably was somewhat ”detuned” to not make 4365 sound too good relative K2 and Everest.
    I didn't see that posti just want to know the quality of 4365's crossoever
    what does detuned mean?
    46 lover

  13. #73
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by hlaari View Post
    I think at the components in 4365 and 4367 is in similar quality, S9900 and DD67000 have better capacitors and better design crossover
    I think at all the networks JBL use in the high end speakers could use better parts (capacitors, resistors and inductors)
    I would go for Jantzen capacitors and inductors



    Ari
    You are going to upgrade your JBL crossover? sounds good
    I think 4365's drivers is better than 4367's,so i recommend 4365 to other audiophiles,not 4367,but some 4365 users complained about this.
    46 lover

  14. #74
    Senior Member martin_wu99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Xi'An,China
    Posts
    1,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    Lets keep this thread focused about the oxidation problems that some 476Mg drivers have > rather than a general gripe-fest ( or buyers-remorse blog ) about the 4365.

    I just want to know why 4365's crossover is not as good as 4367's?why 4365 have so many quality probelems?
    46 lover

  15. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Land of Sunshine
    Posts
    408
    After reading this thread, it reinforced a principle , which is never to outsource critical components or process where you no longer have control of the quality. Many speakers manufacturers are still winding their own voice coils eg ATC.

    Hope HK/JBL stop this nonsense of just focusing on production cost.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My new jbl 4365
    By Mctwins in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 132
    Last Post: 02-08-2016, 06:09 AM
  2. Jbl 4365
    By saeman in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 10:13 AM
  3. 4365
    By Techbot in forum System Information
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 01:58 PM
  4. JBLs: quality then vs. quality today?
    By Lee6 in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 11:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •