I finally got around to replacing the pushed in 052Ti in my 4412a. I am on an assignment away from home and it took me a while to round up a soldering iron and solder. Turns out I didn't need them, it has push on terminal lugs. LOL

So a few questions;

1. Does anyone have experience cutting off the terminal lugs and soldering the wires?

2. Does anyone have experience with replacing (upgrading) the internal wiring in this or a similar JBL speaker?

3. Does anyone have experience rebuilding the crossover? Is there any improvement to be had there?

4. Does anyone have experience with converting the crossover to charge coupled?

Replacing the tweeter made a nice improvement. The high end is clearer, more precise and better dispersed.

I have also been fooling around with straws in the port. First I tried filling the port with straws that were cut to the same length as the port, 5.25". It cleaned up the base a bit, reducing the flabbiness somewhat. It had the unfortunate side effect of reducing the amplitude of the lower freqs.

Next I tried using the straws in there original length, 7.5", allowing them to protrude 2.25" so that they were fulley inserted into the port. First I did the left one and listened to it for a few days. I liked it. I also found out that my hearing is better with my right ear.

After a few days I gave the right speaker the same treatment.

It extended the low end a bit, maintaining the improvement of the shorter straws.

I am trying to resist the urge to tri-amp to restore the base. Remember, I am the guy that would tri-amp his espresso maker if he could figure out where to attach the wires. LOL

I looked at the schematic. There are a couple of 78 ohm resistors in parallel with the woofer. Changing them would send more power to the woofer. Would it also shift freq where the low freq crossover starts?