Thread: Electro Voice Interface 200 Speakers

Electro Voice Interface 200 Speakers

Hi All,

I have bought a pair of Electro Voice Interface 200 Speakers 1 month ago, I have been searching information about this speaker for a long time but unfortunately I couldn't find any exact information in terms of picture, specs, manuals? I have seen Interface B, A or else but nothing with Interface 200, I started to think that the speakers aren't geniune. Can anyone help me with this issue? And also the speakers needs a renovation, I kindly need the manual or technical spec sheets and driver model numbers?

Best
    Attached Images Attached Images   

It seems pretty obvious to me ( after a bunch of Googling ) that your Interface 200's were simply export versions of the EV Interface B ( but made in Switzerland with an added LPad for the tweeter > no doubt ).

It's also obvious that the Interface 100 is the export version of the Interface A ( or Alpha ).

I would simply use the same parts ( as found in the "B" or Beta > maybe even the 100 ) for your refurbishment ( if you can track them down ).

BTW, E.V. is now owned by Bosch ( a German company ) .

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    It seems pretty obvious to me ( after a bunch of Googling ) that your Interface 200's were simply export versions of the EV Interface B ( but made in Switzerland with an added LPad for the tweeter > no doubt ).

It's also obvious that the Interface 100 is the export version of the Interface A ( or Alpha ).

I would simply use the same parts ( as found in the "B" or Beta > maybe even the 100 ) for your refurbishment ( if you can track them down ).

BTW, E.V. is now owned by Bosch ( a German company ) .

Dear Earl, Thank you for the reply.

Anymore comments or information?

HI JamesBLansing,

I did my own search on the Interface 200 before seeing Earl's post and didn't find anything specific either on that Interface 200... I have a picture of the Interface 200 in good shape except for tweeter felt or foam (from Subito) for reference purpose and the closest picture I found is also that of the Interface B as Earl mentioned. No specific Interface 200 tech data found though, not even on EV's web site. However, there is a little for Interface B on EV's Web site: Owner manual for B and tech sheet for B series III though (look in the search box).

I know In the old days, Mark IV audio, then owners of EV and others, had their European offices in Switzerland. They made some EV speakers there too. The EV Patrician series II was made in Switzerland for export to Japan for example.

So for that reason I also think that Interface 200 may have been an export model quite similar to Interface B but for the tweeter adjustment. You will be very lucky to find original parts for these, check with EV, or maybe aftermarket parts??? Good luck.

Richard

Name:  EV Interface 200-20180713041911.jpg
Views: 2192
Size:  29.7 KBName:  EV INTERFACE B Amaxresdefault.jpg
Views: 1859
Size:  65.2 KB

Thread Information