Hi,

I'm 56 years old and back in the 80's maybe early 90's, at big parties, we had very nice results with 4 4530 and two slant plates 2395.
Each side 2 4530's and on top the slant plate.

Now my son wants to start where we left... ;-)
Could you please help me to decide what to do?

Because of my very positive memories of the good ols stuff, my first reaction was: let's build 4 enclosures 4530, buy a couple of (used) 2225H and again the slant plates.
But, is this the right way to go?
I mean, a big village party outside, inside a big tent with quite some people...

What I can remember about the 4530/2395 combo, it was always very robust and reliable. A very solid and impressive sound.
This set has never let us down, even in difficult situations.

But, that was more than 25 years ago... I don't know what has changed in that time.
I am quite old fashion and I know that not everything nowadays is better then it was years ago.
On the other hand, music has changed and maybe the old setup cannot cope with that...

More speaker movement necessary? Maybe more sub?
Four 4530's probably will not deliver the low that is needed today?
I have to ask you this question and have to considder that maybe this good old set from back then, can not compete with the (plastic?) active speaker(encloseres) used today...

For me that's hard to believe and to accept...sniff...;-)
But it could be very realistic though.
How is "the sound" from the newer sets compared with the older?

For my son I want to setup a set of speakers, and amps, and everything he needs that really rocks with more than enough lows.
I'm more than happy to build it myself and it should have a size so it can be moved. That's why we chose the 4530 in stead of the 4520 back then.

The set I have in mind right now is:
- 4 x 4530 with 2225H speaker
- 2 x 2395 with 2482 driver
- 4 x 2402 bullet tweeter

As an amp for the lows, I have the MPA1100 waiting here.
BTW, would the 2441 driver be a better choice?

Maybe you have a much better setup for todays needs.
If possible something I can build myself, just to cut the costs.

I hope you can give me some advice... ;-)

Kind regards,

Arne.