I am contemplating a new build this coming year. Putting all my little things aside to focus on something bigger and better.

My plans had always been cloning one of the big 43XX monitors of yesteryear. While it's still possible, I have been slowly gravitating to the idea of a two way build complimented with a subwoofer.

This brings me to the E145. I am considering this driver based on a few things. From what I've read, it's got great tone, fast attack and a light cone. Sounds good on paper to me. I've got plenty of 2225/2226 variants in the area popping up, not often the E145. I was a big fan of the 2235 for a while and still am, but worry how high it will play and my reading tells me the E145 is more what I am looking for.

- How high has the E145 been used? I read it has a peak at about 1750hz that can be nasty so it's not as well behaved up top as some others. Some folk throw the 2123 in there between 145 and compression driver.

- Am considering something like the 2450SL or similar driver - possibly on a 290hz horn or something similar to allow me full use of the drivers range.

- Sub would be something like a single (ideally dual) 2242 or 2245 filling in below the E145 in a large box.

Any suggestions would be great, as I am new to this and just starting to figure out which drivers are any hell. Thanks.