Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jbl 1200fe-8

What is the source for Vas of the 1200fe?

Maybe I am blind: I can't find Vas for the 1200fe

Ruediger

Hi Ruediger,

Its in the "Engineering test and performance specifications" of the Design Engineer Jerry Moro posted on LH July 23, 2008, revision C dated 6/11/03. Go down to the MLSSA Parameters showed, line 12: 125 L. Sorry, I'm not good at all for posting links... Regards,

Richard

Hi Ruediger,

What about this. Good enough? Regards,

Richard

Name:  JBL 1200Fe-EDS-8revC_Page_06.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  88.9 KB

Thiele Alignments 3 and 4 would match

QB3 Thiele alignment #3 would match if Qt remains unchanged (no passive crossover), and
    QB3 Thiele alignment #4 would match if Qt gets changed (passive crossover).
    Taking these two alignments as starting points other alignments could be found by interpolation.

Ruediger

JBL 1200Fe thiele/small

http://petoindominique.fr/php/mysql_...ul.php?hp=4333

x-max is 5mm one way
    x-max pp is 10mm

Ari

Hi Ari,

These Xmax numbers are a little worst than those posted here previously ("12.5 mm PP" or 6.25 mm one way), or calculated or assigned (6 mm) in my Winspeakerz software. With regards to the 5mm number Petoin indicates that its the "data base value". Which data base is he referring to?? I haven't seen any other than Jerry Moro's (Design Engineer) numbers where there's no specifically mentioned Xmax number.

Personnaly, I would have hoped seeing an increase in these numbers, not a drop, considering the low box tuning mentioned previously.

The woofer is described as High-power (the power test shown in the engineering specs gives a good indication of this), then the box is low tuned (putting more strain on a driver) and the 12" speaker has somewhat limited excursion capability, even more so in Petoin's data... Maybe the Engineer had another trick hidden up sleeve? Otherwise something would have to give at one point. e.g. Power input? Distortion? Regards,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
    Hi Ari,

These Xmax numbers are a little worst than those posted here previously ("12.5 mm PP" or 6.25 mm one way), or calculated or assigned (6 mm) in my Winspeakerz software. With regards to the 5mm number Petoin indicates that its the "data base value". Which data base is he referring to?? I haven't seen any other than Jerry Moro's (Design Engineer) numbers where there's no specifically mentioned Xmax number.

Personnaly, I would have hoped seeing an increase in these numbers, not a drop, considering the low box tuning mentioned previously.

The woofer is described as High-power (the power test shown in the engineering specs gives a good indication of this), then the box is low tuned (putting more strain on a driver) and the 12" speaker has somewhat limited excursion capability, even more so in Petoin's data... Maybe the Engineer had another trick hidden up sleeve? Otherwise something would have to give at one point. e.g. Power input? Distortion? Regards,

Richard
    You might be right, but I think at the best way is to get someone to measure the thiele/small for 1200Fe to get everything 100% right
    I own pair of 1200Fe and they one of the best 12" woofer out there

I am now working with the big brother of 1200Fe, the 1500Fe
    I am getting close to have all parts I need to make pair of 4348 monitor, this project is a challenge, and I hope at I can get the wood work and veneering as perfect as I can

Ari

@Richard: Yes, I will have to check the surrounds and spider on these Audax PR330M0, I donīt know how old these are untill I see them.
    I have been told they sound really nice, but are missing the last octave down low.

@Rüdiger & Ari: Thanks for your additional infos!

Thread Information