Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sister's husband

RacerXtreme

Too old to rock and roll, too young to ........

He's lost some of his hearing for sure. Can you imagine some of the P.A. systems he's played through? Remember the California Jam? Think the best show he ever did was last year at Comerica Park in Detroit with Kiss and Aerosmith. Or was that 2 years ago ?......... He had some problems w/ dead mics and the overall mix, but it came across really well anyway. The concert at the Silverdome on the last day of 1999 w/ Kid Rock and Metallica was pretty awesome too. Then there was the tour w/ Sammy Hagar, the one with Alice, and the one with ZZ Top. All were really good shows.

Think some of his best work was w/ the Damn Yankees. Wish they would do some more songs. Oh well.....

It should be LOUD tomorrow night.

Rock on..........

Stranglehold

I Saw The motor city madman back in 77 in Fargo North Dakota,drove down from Winnipeg. Great show,small venue maybe 2500 headcount. I was pressed up against the front center stage by 2499 people behind me. Was nice and loud lots of sustain,which he uses to maximum effect. Has to be one of my favorite live rock players!!! His politics are a little out there,but hey everybody,s got a right to think what they want to. And i have to say i would also like to hear some fresh material from Ted +damm yankees.

Oh By the way when did Ted switch to Marshall??? He was using Fender Heads and bottoms in Fargo in 77

Steve Gonzales

Cool

I've seen Ted 3 times in Bakersfield, what great shows, so much energy and kick ass Rock & Roll!!. Thanks for sharing with us. LLRR!

Ahh Ted, that brought a smile to my face. Remember seeing him 74 or 75, Hampton Roads Coliseum, VA. Stranglehold! Would love to hear Ted to the blues.

I grew up listening to Ted! I love watching him speak on the talk shows about politics, gun control, goverment, ect. The guy really has his shit together. He had a show on VH1 where he brought some kids out to his ranch. Talk about "Wake up and smell the coffee"! Your sister is beautiful!

RacerXtreme

Great white buffalo.......

A lot of people don't realize that he writes for something like 35 different magazines, works with disadvantaged kids, and donates a lot of his time and energy to charities.

On top of that he plants 1000 trees each year. In addition to writing songs, doing interviews, and camping out in recording studios. Whatever free time he has left is spent hunting or fishing.

JMO, but if you want to hear a cool song that never got a lot of airplay, check out "Terminus Eldorado". It's about a teenager out in her daddy's Caddy that fails to notice a tandem axle gravel hauler.

One thing a lot of people don't know about him is that he's a GREAT storyteller. Some of the places he's been, things he's done, and people he's met are truly amazing.

c-ya

RacerXtreme

Eye see...........

Pretty scary T-shirt eh?

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Oh By the way when did Ted switch to Marshall??? He was using Fender Heads and bottoms in Fargo in 77
    Yeah, I remember when his system was all Fender Twins stacked on top of Showman speaker cabs with 15" JBLs. I was impressed enough at the time (mid '70's) to go out and buy a '68 Fender Showman with two JBL D140's in the cabinet!
    David

RacerXtreme

Uprising

You guys ever seen the Damn Yankees' "Uprising" video ?

It's pretty cool. Wish it was on DVD. Just talked to my sister. They're
    doing a special sound check (I think live ??) w/ WRIF (the local rock station)
    at 4:30 this afternoon. Think I might go..........

You know what his favorite song is ? You'll never guess........

"Little Miss Dangerous" (but he pronounces it "Little Miss Danger-Ass")

"Fred Bear" and "Stranglehold" are at the top of the list too.

c-ya

Guy

Thumbs up TFN on the road to Pietown...

& altruistic while weekend warrioring, to boot...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Saw him in Ella Sharp Park in Jackson, MI in '70 or '71, give or take a couple of years. The years tend to run together, and that period is a little fuzzy anyway. I believe I was following the Nuge's advice: journeying to the center of my mind. I'm thinking it was a double bill with the MC-5, but as i said, it all runs together...maybe it was even one of those "Free John Now" (John Sinclair) things.

Who am I kidding? I can't remember anything from that period.

Not the loudest concert I've ever heard, but definitely in the top five.
    Out.

RacerXtreme

Sound check

Just came back from sound check..........

IT WAS LOUD

The low end cabinets just about knocked me over when I walked past them.

More Crown amps than you can imagine. No rhythm guitar player...... just Ted, a bass player and a drummer.

Took a bunch of photos but the flash on the camera wasn't working right.

Ted had a special guest backstage. His first guitar teacher "Joe" was there with one of his Gibson Birdland guitars. Ted first played with him in 1958 at some type of Polish festival or something. Bizarre.......

Came home to eat some dinner and drop off one kid at grandma's, then it's back to the show. Ted goes on at 9 p.m. sharp. He seems geeked, and he was on fire at the sound check. Should be a great concert tonight.

Rock and Roll

c-ya

Guy

It Was Loud

IT WAS LOUD

Ted has two volumes-

On and off

Take those ear plugs

Oldmics

RacerXtreme

Earplugs ???

Earplugs ?

I think I should take my motocross helmet and shoulder pads......

Kinda wish he was playing with a rhythm guitarist. On some songs he does sound better w/o one, but on others it sounds like something's missing.

It will be a MOTOR CITY MADHOUSE tonight.

I'll let ya know, but I bet it will be packed. He hasn't played here in awhile.
    Think the Palace in Auburn Hills holds about 20K people.

I'll try to post some pics later on.

Thread Information