Thread: Adcom GFP-750 Help

Adcom GFP-750 Help

Bo,Widget or anyone else that owns one of these. The processor loop is not suitable for just any external device is it? The documentation for such a better than average preamp is crap. One thing it does say is the device in the loop takes over balance and volume duties. This lends me to believe it is for a multichannel device like a surround processor only?

I have tried running my White 4400's through it with weird results to say the least.

My only other option is to go all balanced starting preamp out, to 4400 in, then 4400 out to crossover in and so forth. Do either one of you have the pdf for the 4400's? If so, can you tell me how to wire xlr ins and outs. I am going to use Canare L4E6S for all my bal interconnects and Neutrik xlr 3 pin gold contact black connectors. The Canare cable has 4 conductors 2 blue and 2 white. That being said, what should I double up on the high+, low- or ground leg?

Ken

Hello Ken

The link should help. What you are proposing through the EQ's to the crossovers is how my set-up is.

http://www.whiteinstruments.com/um4244.pdf

Rob

Ken,

From a what you say you are better of running the White after the main balanced outputs of the Pre amp running the White balanced inputs.

With XL connectors Pin 2 is (plus), Pin 1 is (ground) and Pin 3 is (minus).

Sounds like your cable is dual (4 core) mic balanced lead.

Just use 2 wires ((1) white - plus and (1) blue - minus) for each individal lead and the braid is ground.(leave the other 2 wires un terminated)

The connectors are coded with the polarity numbered on the end of the connector.

That's a good pre amp enjoy

Ian

Rob

Thanks for the link. Thats answers the question for sure. I have input and output isolation transformers on both my 4400's as well.

Ian, would it not make sence to utilize all 4 conductors in the cable?

Ken

Hey, Ken...

Sorry - missed this whole exchange. Just for clarity, that Processor "loop" is NOT an EQ insert, which is what you were trying. The manual (item 14) states it is intended for a surround processor. When active, the processor wrests volume and balance control away from the pre-amp. There's some diagrams, too.

The EQ's should be after the pre-amp, and before the crossover(s).

On the cable, you should follow Ian's advice. If they were 6-core shielded - or whatever it's called (+, -, drain wire and shield in each foil bundle) - you could run the L/R in the same cable. It's about 87¢ per foot...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Quote Originally Posted by boputnam
    Hey, Ken...

Sorry - missed this whole exchange. Just for clarity, that Processor "loop" is NOT an EQ insert, which is what you were trying.

On the cable, you should follow Ian's advice. If they were 6-core shielded - or whatever it's called (+, -, drain wire and shield in each foil bundle) - you could run the L/R in the same cable. It's about 87¢ per foot...
    Thanks BO

I got a photocopy of the manual and have since downloaded the PDF from Adcom. The photocopy was not very good.

Yes, it's clear the loop was not intended for the application I was trying. I will hold off until all my cable and Neutrik connectors get here. Bo, are you home today?

Ken

Where to insert EQ

Im with Rob and Bo, White goes between the preamp outs, and active crossover inputs! This is how Im set up, and works very well!

scottyj

Thread Information