Thread: finding JBL vintage parts

finding JBL vintage parts

Hi

Does anyone know where to find the parts of vintage JBL?
    I'm looking for JBL part no. 12441 (slide pot volume control part) of JBL SG520.
    Thanks a lot for your tips or information in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by pyonc View Post
    Hi

Does anyone know where to find the parts of vintage JBL?
    I'm looking for JBL part no. 12441 (slide pot volume control part) of JBL SG520.
    Thanks a lot for your tips or information in advance.
    Greetings -

Do you have a schematic? If not, some kind soul on this forum might be able to help you out. Or the value may be stamped on the unit itself. There must be scores of resistive components manufacturers that would have the slide pot you're looking for in their catalog.

Just measure the pot for dimensional fit form and function and pin out.

H.F.

Quote Originally Posted by Horn Fanatic View Post
    Greetings -

Do you have a schematic? If not, some kind soul on this forum might be able to help you out. Or the value may be stamped on the unit itself. There must be scores of resistive components manufacturers that would have the slide pot you're looking for in their catalog.

Just measure the pot for dimensional fit form and function and pin out.

H.F.
    Thanks for your kind reply.
    This a copy of the schmatic that the technician sent me, saying the volume part is bad. He says he can't find the part.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

You’ll need to match form factor, taper, matching between sections as well as value.
    Part of it will be the throw (linear travel) and the size/shape of the tang (where the “knob” goes).

Not recommending the part below, but your technician might have to find something -similar- after collecting the above info regarding the original, and then possibly modify to suit.

-not- a recommended DIY task.

https://www.westfloridacomponents.co...NK5R08B14.html

good hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    You’ll need to match form factor, taper, matching between sections as well as value.
    Part of it will be the throw (linear travel) and the size/shape of the tang (where the “knob” goes).

Not recommending the part below, but your technician might have to find something -similar- after collecting the above info regarding the original, and then possibly modify to suit.

-not- a recommended DIY task.

https://www.westfloridacomponents.co...NK5R08B14.html

good hunting.
    Thanks a lot for your kind and considerate feedback. Looks like this is a challenging task unless I find the same part of the same preamp unit.
    Actually, with the loudness switch off, the volume slide works perfect on both left and right speakers, producing even level of sound. When I switch on the loudness lever, I only hear the effect from the right speaker only, and that's why I took it to the technician. Anyway, I feel I had better be content with the current unit with the loudness switch off.

Probably -not- the volume slider itself then, eh?
    and probably a less onerous repair. Could be the switch function for the right channel or perhaps the electrolytic cap shown as part of the loudness circuit. I would -think- retrofitting a replacement switch would be a simpler job vs finding a stock replacement assembly.

QUOTE=pyonc;418072]Thanks a lot for your kind and considerate feedback. Looks like this is a challenging task unless I find the same part of the same preamp unit.
    Actually, with the loudness switch off, the volume slide works perfect on both left and right speakers, producing even level of sound. When I switch on the loudness lever, I only hear the effect from the right speaker only, and that's why I took it to the technician. Anyway, I feel I had better be content with the current unit with the loudness switch off.[/QUOTE]

Thread Information