Thread: Jbl badge on 120ti grill

Jbl badge on 120ti grill

I have a pair of JBL 120Ti that I purchased in 1987 and recently I reviewed the photos in the owner's manual as well as the tech memo. In some photos of the 120 Ti and in tech drawings, there is a metal JBL badge in the upper left corner of the grill. I can't remember if my 120Ti grills came with the JBL badging on the grill. There is no evidence in the grill material of a puncture created by a post. Does any one know what type adhesive JBL used at the factory to fix the JBL metal badge to the grill. Also I have a set of JBL L112s and the JBL metal badges attache to a frame device in the grill itself. The badges now fall out on occasion, did JBL place an adhesive at the factory when fixing the JBL badge it the grill?

Quote Originally Posted by NEWYORKER View Post
    I have a pair of JBL 120Ti that I purchased in 1987 and recently I reviewed the photos in the owner's manual as well as the tech memo. In some photos of the 120 Ti and in tech drawings, there is a metal JBL badge in the upper left corner of the grill. I can't remember if my 120Ti grills came with the JBL badging on the grill. There is no evidence in the grill material of a puncture created by a post. Does any one know what type adhesive JBL used at the factory to fix the JBL metal badge to the grill.
    My 120ti's have the badges glued on the fabric ...one on bottom right (it's upside down) and the other on top left ... I'd guess that a rubber cement would work Ok and not stain (in case you need to move it)
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

L112 Grille Badges Speed Nut

The JBL logo badge for the L112 grille is held in place with a metal speed nut attached to the badge post.
    SB
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Steve Barnes
    Huntley Audio.com

Where can i buy them?

Quote Originally Posted by gsb001 View Post
    The JBL logo badge for the L112 grille is held in place with a metal speed nut attached to the badge post.
    SB

Thanks for the info and do you have a source where I may purchase the metal speed nut for the L112 badge?

Hardware stores.
    SB
    Steve Barnes
    Huntley Audio.com

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gsb001 View Post
    Hardware stores.
    SB
    Steve, Thanks for the info here. I am attempting to restore the grills on my JBL L112s (purchased in 1981) and JBL 120Tis (purchased in 1987) to day one condition. I still am looking for two grill pegs for the JBL 120Ti grill and researching what adhesive JBL used at the factory to attach the JBL badge on the 120Ti grill. Both sets of JBLs still sound great today!

Thread Information