Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Jbl l100 classic

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    10

    Jbl l100 classic

    I recently read of JBL introducing an updated version L 100 (Classic) speaker in the Spring of 2018 for about $4000. Any members have any first hand reviews/thoughts or experience with the latest L 100? How does it compare to the Century Gold?

  2. #2
    Heather [Senorita member] hjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NoVA - DC 'burbs
    Posts
    8,271
    Quote Originally Posted by NEWYORKER View Post
    I recently read of JBL introducing an updated version L 100 (Classic) speaker in the Spring of 2018 for about $4000. Any members have any first hand reviews/thoughts or experience with the latest L 100? How does it compare to the Century Gold?
    No flames meant, but, have they actually gone into the retail/sales stream yet?
    I saw promo/marketing info, but have not heard anyone here or on another forum had actually bought a pair yet ...
    2ch: Oppo DV970, JoLida 502CRC, JBL L212, VonSchweikert VR4, Heath Valencias
    7.1: Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, JBL B460

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    bedford
    Posts
    3

    music direct have them in stock.

    music direct.com

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    No flames meant, but, have they actually gone into the retail/sales stream yet?
    I saw promo/marketing info, but have not heard anyone here or on another forum had actually bought a pair yet ...
    Audio Inpact here in San Diego is taking orders on the L100 Classic for customers currently.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC, USA
    Posts
    3

    Take a number

    Ordered a pair of L100 Classics this morning and they're backordered already. Looks like JBL underestimated the number of Baby Boomers with fond memories and more dollars than sense!

  6. #6
    Administrator Mr. Widget's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    9,662
    Quote Originally Posted by 2440 View Post
    Ordered a pair of L100 Classics this morning and they're backordered already. Looks like JBL underestimated the number of Baby Boomers with fond memories and more dollars than sense!
    Well put.
    Please give us a report when you get them. I'm sure there are more than a handful of us interested in your findings!


    Widget

  7. #7
    Senior Member pos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,496
    That woofer has me curious! I would love to see the EDS...

  8. #8
    Senior Member svollmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    566
    Saw them at RMAF last weekend, but they weren't playing them when I was in the Harman room. My 20 year old son absolutely LOVED the look!

  9. #9
    Heather [Senorita member] hjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NoVA - DC 'burbs
    Posts
    8,271
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    No flames meant, but, have they actually gone into the retail/sales stream yet?
    I saw promo/marketing info, but have not heard anyone here or on another forum had actually bought a pair yet ...
    Again, I know they are for sale, and I am not being snarky,
    but does anyone here actually have a pair playing in their home?
    have you taken delivery of them in a real world place?
    2ch: Oppo DV970, JoLida 502CRC, JBL L212, VonSchweikert VR4, Heath Valencias
    7.1: Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, JBL B460

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC, USA
    Posts
    3

    Hopefully, before Christmas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Well put.
    Please give us a report when you get them. I'm sure there are more than a handful of us interested in your findings!


    Widget
    JBL quotes a 30-60 day backorder as of October 15; as soon as they're here and broken in, I'll weigh in. I sold JBL Pro gear in the 1970's-80's and owned 4310/4311/4315/4425 monitors for home use, so I have a frame of reference, and I guess I'm a poster child for Harman's marketing team. I currently use ATC SCM20 passive studio monitors, which are unflinchingly accurate, but not much fun.

    Although I haven't heard the L100 Classics, I have a trusted friend who heard them in Munich and reports they don't sound like the originals, which is all I need to know. Now I need to find a home for my ATCs and figure out a way to keep the L100 grilles from becoming cat scratching posts!

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    10

    Looking forward to your review!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2440 View Post
    JBL quotes a 30-60 day backorder as of October 15; as soon as they're here and broken in, I'll weigh in. I sold JBL Pro gear in the 1970's-80's and owned 4310/4311/4315/4425 monitors for home use, so I have a frame of reference, and I guess I'm a poster child for Harman's marketing team. I currently use ATC SCM20 passive studio monitors, which are unflinchingly accurate, but not much fun.

    Although I haven't heard the L100 Classics, I have a trusted friend who heard them in Munich and reports they don't sound like the originals, which is all I need to know. Now I need to find a home for my ATCs and figure out a way to keep the L100 grilles from becoming cat scratching posts!
    I read a customer review on Music Direct.com and it was a 5 star rave review! He ordered the JBL metal speaker stands with his JBL L100 Classics as well. Music Direct.com has posted a two to three week order status on shipping. Last night there was also a pair of L100 Classics listed on E-Bay for $3300.00 as well. I just placed the L100 Classics on my bucket list.

  12. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC, USA
    Posts
    3

    Another L100 Classic mention

    Quote Originally Posted by NEWYORKER View Post
    I read a customer review on Music Direct.com and it was a 5 star rave review! He ordered the JBL metal speaker stands with his JBL L100 Classics as well. Music Direct.com has posted a two to three week order status on shipping. Last night there was also a pair of L100 Classics listed on E-Bay for $3300.00 as well. I just placed the L100 Classics on my bucket list.
    From the Absolute Sound, where JBL is seldom seen, or heard: (http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...ers-under-20k/)

    JBL L100 Classic
    This three-way ($4k/pr.) from JBL made its European premier in Munich. Its inclusion on this list may come as a surprise, since it does not have a neutral frequency balance and has some box colorations, but it sure is a lot of fun! Driven by Mark Levinson electronics and turntable system, it makes you think you’re listening to the PA during a live concert. One of its most remarkable characteristics is the ability to reproduce the power of a big band or heavy metal rock group without compression. This speaker is a big improvement over the iconic L100 with better imaging and bass articulation and extension. It has lots of presence and punch, and it seems like a great party speaker. (It’s difficult not to get up and dance while listening!) Stands are optional.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Valentin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    730
    Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Again, I know they are for sale, and I am not being snarky,
    but does anyone here actually have a pair playing in their home?
    have you taken delivery of them in a real world place?
    Name:  00A81FAE-318F-47E5-A769-AE86C3761919.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  95.8 KB


    nice sounding speaker with good imageing and integration
    nice dinamics

  14. #14
    Senior Member Valentin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    730
    Name:  1C08A22C-C9D8-48B8-B73A-F6D07A255C3B.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  82.6 KB

    sorry for the light

  15. #15
    Senior Member Valentin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    730
    Name:  EA8B4160-81F4-4160-B4E0-ABF9BA6753C2.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  66.7 KB

    New improved woofer

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 2 guests)

  1. magruith

Similar Threads

  1. L100 Classic
    By Donald in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-06-2018, 01:12 PM
  2. $1K Project classic
    By Audiobeer in forum Miscellaneous Gear
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-14-2017, 04:52 PM
  3. Classic BGW 750 E
    By missionrec in forum Professional Amps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 07:12 AM
  4. 250 ti classic
    By sgaggy in forum Lansing Product General Information
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2005, 12:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •