Thread: AMP under $1000 for JBL Metregon

AMP under $1000 for JBL Metregon

First I am no expert in audio gear. I just love listing to music and I happen to be lucky enough to own a JBL Metregon with D130s, 075s, and N2400 crossovers. It's mint, I have cleaned it all up and it runs very well with my Jolida FX10 tube amp. The Jolida is about 8 years old and starting to give me some trouble. I am looking to upgrade to a new amp. Wondering if I should go vintage, tube, solid state? I listen to Jazz, Classical, Classic Rock, and Bassa Nova. I also have a projector and would love to run a movie though it sometimes. If I knew a modern integrated amp with Bluetooth would be as good as my Jolida I would probably go that direction. The Metregon is super efficient. I saw this amp from PS audio call Sprout 100 that seemed interesting as it also had a sub out and the Metregon is not great for low end. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Corey

Hi,

Personally with that driver complement I would stick with tubes, and to that end I recommend having your ailing Jolida amp fixed.

A quick read through Amazons' Customer Reviews for the Amp indicates that many people think that the amp runs much too hot ( for the purposes of long term reliability ).

"Cooked" components are never a good thing.

Amp Ideas

Seems like some things are a little cooked inside for sure. I am leaning toward this amp called Spout 100 by PS audio. They have a 30 day money back trial and it would do everything I need. If the sound is decent I will keep it. I also saw this crew out of Austin called https://www.atxrecordplayers.com/amp If the Sprout cannot satisfy my ears I will give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    Hi,

Personally with that driver complement I would stick with tubes, and to that end I recommend having your ailing Jolida amp fixed.

A quick read through Amazons' Customer Reviews for the Amp indicates that many people think that the amp runs much too hot ( for the purposes of long term reliability ).

"Cooked" components are never a good thing.

Thread Information