Thread: Jbl l112 terminal connector

Jbl l112 terminal connector

I have a set of JBL L112 speakers I purchased in early 1981. Without question, I still enjoy the superior performance of the L112s today. Recently the red plastic device used to attached the speaker wire to the terminal split in half and I have been unable to locate a replacement part. Any suggestions or recommendations?

They turn up on ebay from time to time, but will tend to do the same thing pretty quickly.

I've used these more than once and they were pretty simple to retro-fit. They also come in chrome and gold.
    https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...ckel--091-1247

They turn up on ebay from time to time, but will tent to do the same thing pretty quickly.

I've used these more than once and they were pretty simple to retro-fit. They also come in chrome and gold.

I still use my L112 daily.

Smile Thanks!

Per your recommendation, I was able to locate a pair of the JBL terminal post plastic fasteners on E-Bay. Would you know if a JBL L3 binding post plate could be retrofitted on the L112? Also do you know if there is a PDF of the JBL 120 Ti instruction manual posted on this forum site? Many thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    They turn up on ebay from time to time, but will tent to do the same thing pretty quickly.

I still use my L112 daily.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWYORKER View Post
    Would you know if a JBL L3 binding post plate could be retrofitted on the L112? Also do you know if there is a PDF of the JBL 120 Ti instruction manual posted on this forum site? Many thanks again!
    The terminal cup used on the L3 is the same on L5, L1, and nearly all L80T-family versions. JBL part 70442-1, which is nearly identical to Parts Express Part # 260-303:

The 120i tech manual, if that's what you're looking for, is here.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

The L112 DOES NOT use a "terminal cup" or "plate". The posts are bolted directly into the crossover board. Depending on what variation of the L112 you have, that board is either Masonite or plastic, but the configuration will be the same. You cannot adapt one of those post cups to the L112 without heavy modification. In any case I would not waste my time replacing them with more plastic connectors, which will break soon.

A decent pair of 5-way posts will go in there pretty easy with minimum modification.

Smile Thanks again!

Thanks for the technical advice on the L112s, I am going with your recommendation and purchasing the posts via parts-express.

Quote Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
    The L112 DOES NOT use a "terminal cup" or "plate". The posts are bolted directly into the crossover board. Depending on what variation of the L112 you have, that board is either Masonite or plastic, but the configuration will be the same. You cannot adapt one of those post cups to the L112 without heavy modification. In any case I would not waste my time replacing them with more plastic connectors, which will break soon.

A decent pair of 5-way posts will go in there pretty easy with minimum modification.

Quote Originally Posted by NEWYORKER View Post
    Thanks for the technical advice on the L112s, I am going with your recommendation and purchasing the posts via parts-express.
    You'll probably need to drill out the holes for the bolts just a smidge. Not too much or the knurled shanks won't bite.
    There are several options for connecting the wires to the posts, you may need to produce some spade lugs or the like. The existing wires use a tiny spade lug that doesn't fit anything else.

Thread Information