Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: and then?

JBL 4430 & 4425 & Spendor BC3 & Rogers LS5/8
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    4430 is 16k at high end and 4343 is 20k high end,so the simplest way is to add 077 on 4430,many members of this forum have done this
    Sure is the cheapest...

JBL 4430 & 4425 & Spendor BC3 & Rogers LS5/8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    I friend had the Spendor Prelude which l have heard.

He added a small ribbon super tweeter which he claims is an improvement

You can hear the subtitles or unique aspects to individual recordings. This is quite obvious on vinyl. Also differences in audio electronics.

He very much has audiophile taste (a house full of expensive hifi) and he heard my 4345 clones with favourable feedback
    The differences are still obvious (even more so) but the presentation is on a much bigger scale.

But my 4345 clones have many small improvements that when using hi end amplifiers makes for approaching a hi end experience. Out of the box a 4343 is fun to listen to but it’s compromised by some marketing decisions and the manufacturers assembly & parts like the crossover network, the 2121 paper dust cap and the D16R2420 diaphragm. Once you sort out these things the bones of the system have quite good potential with hi end amps, hi end active frequency dividing network and source. This is why the Japanese worship these systems. It’s because they hold the belief the 4343-4344 can play better. Guys like Kenji in Japan have capitalised on this with reproductions of these systems but they are very expensive. Some people have re invented the system with large format compression drivers. That’s a very expensive and requires considerable redesign of the original system.

I can help you modify or build a 4343-4344 with stellar audiophile experience without blowing the budget.

So something like a stock 4343-4344 is an entry point to that journey if that makes sense.

Ian
    All this question is pure vice ... really the project of 4435 "tower", even if we add to it a tweeter 077 would be more than enough for me and my stay ... it is also what I have, therefore I am going to see market of these series 43 and we will do accounts.
    PD:
    I'm emptying the storage room ... and I wanted to remove 4 boxes and leave only 2 ... one comes to an age and features in his life and stays very comfortable without so much junk ...

Why?what a sorryyou are unwilling to accept new things
    Hello Martin;

Don’t worry my friend, that is not the case at all.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Of course,i auditioned them several years ago at local dealer's shop in the same condition,4367 has better low end and better sound imagine than 4365, and 4365 is a little harsh.Mr.GT had said s4700 is more musical than 4365.

my opinion have nothing to do with Greg Timbers personal taste, of course he will say at the newer line are better than the older that is how the business is
    I donīt know why he said at S4700 are more musical than 4365 much lower quality high frequency drivers than 4365
    2216Nd-1 are a very good low frequency driver but there is no competition between D2430K and 476Mg, for me the 476Mg are way better sounding driver in every way

Ari

Quote Originally Posted by hlaari View Post
    my opinion have nothing to do with Greg Timbers personal taste, of course he will say at the newer line are better than the older that is how the business is
    I donīt know why he said at S4700 are more musical than 4365 much lower quality high frequency drivers than 4365
    2216Nd-1 are a very good low frequency driver but there is no competition between D2430K and 476Mg, for me the 476Mg are way better sounding driver in every way

Ari
    What do you think about array 1400 comparing with 4365?
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by Fitero View Post
    I imagine that most members here would prefer questions posted in English.

I'll do a very brief translation of your question, filtering out the erratum so that the knowledgeable can respond.

Alpina has 2 pair of JBL speakers in one room; a pair of 4430 in the front, and a pair of 4425 behind him.
    He plays both pair at a time and likes it best this way. He would like to upgrade the 4430 to something slightly better but has a limit on width. The new speakers can't be wider than 556mm (21-7/8"+/-)wide.

His question is; what newer JBL's would be a step up for him?
    M2 is the next step up

There really is nothing else that fits this profile

Dimensions (W x H x D): 20″ x 49-1/2″ x 14″ (508mm x 1256mm x 355.6mm) Weight: 129 lb.

The 4435 is a dual woofer version of the 4430

The horn and driver are identical
    The woofers are more sensitive and have a bit more midrange clarity

The only other option is to source and consider the LSR6332 and the 708 series

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/r...2#.W43jVKR_WEc

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    Hello Martin;

Don’t worry my friend, that is not the case at all.

Barry.
    Hi Barry,

I'm just pulling your legs,you are wellcome,everybody has his own taste
    46 lover

What do you think about array 1400 comparing with 4365?

JBL 1400 Array are great sounding speaker with great horn and very good low end, they come very close to 4365 in sound but 476Mg have better sound quality over 435Al-1

Ari

Quote Originally Posted by hlaari View Post
    JBL 1400 Array are great sounding speaker with great horn and very good low end, they come very close to 4365 in sound but 476Mg have better sound quality over 435Al-1

Ari
    If you replace 435AL-1 with 435Be,1400 maybe better than 4365
    If you replace D2430 with 2450Be,4367 maybe better than 4365
    46 lover

Thread Information