Hi all happy holidays.
This month I had the pleasure of auditioning a pair of speakers that were designed by a local electrical enginneer. They are of the MTM type, that has a time aligned baffle. The tweeter is set back 3/4" from the mids.

But the main thing about these speakers is the crossovers. He calls it Group Delayed. Each driver has its own crossover board that is mounted right next to the driver. He spects all parts to tight tolerances. And all the leads and wires, including the wires running from the boards to the drivers are cut to precise lengths.
The result is a pair of speakers that image beautifully, better than my mirrored L212s, with very detailed highs and a quick mid-bass down to 45~40htz.
But its the depth of the soundstage that I've never encountered before. At least 10~15' deep.
He told me that one guy who has heard them said "that they sound better than his $22K speakers."
He had a local cabinet shop build 12 boxes, from his design, which are already sold. Even though he is still in the process of building the other 10 crossovers. He said that they are very time consumming. I forget the brand of the tweeter, but I think the 6" mids are Focal.

But this enginneer's main income is from designing analyzers for coffee roasting(among others), that he said all roasters use. I also tried his coffee(mohca expresso), every bit as good as his speakers.

The one thing I forgot to ask was how much he was selling them for. The next time I go over to his shop to buy some coffee, I'll take some of my cds and ask how much the speakers go for.