Thread: JBL 4344 which speaker is the left / right

JBL 4344 which speaker is the left / right

I have judt bought a pair of 4344, and i got confused which is left speaker / right speaker, I have seen the photos from few users, they are all different !!

By the way, I understand that 4344 the external crossover is for 290 Hz, would it works if I use a 350 Hz crossover with my Accuphase F25?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy751 View Post
    I have judt bought a pair of 4344, and i got confused which is left speaker / right speaker, I have seen the photos from few users, they are all different !!

By the way, I understand that 4344 the external crossover is for 290 Hz, would it works if I use a 350 Hz crossover with my Accuphase F25?

Thank you
    Tweeters on the inner edge if you have a wide space, tweeters on the outer edge widen the field if you have a narrow space.

But its really a personal thing - depends on your preference for the width of the sound field, and is somewhat determined by your listening space.
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Tweeters on the inner edge if you have a wide space, tweeters on the outer edge widen the field if you have a narrow space.

But its really a personal thing - depends on your preference for the width of the sound field, and is somewhat determined by your listening space.
    Thank you so much. It is clear to me now

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post

Sounds right for most speakers but the 4344 has the HF slightly to one side and the UHF slightly to the other, just slightly off-center. That's why experimenting in your own space is important and why there is no single right answer.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Sounds right for most speakers but the 4344 has the HF slightly to one side and the UHF slightly to the other, just slightly off-center. That's why experimenting in your own space is important and why there is no single right answer.

I see, thank you I will have a try then .. thank you so much

Thank you
    Obviously 350Hz crossover point is not suitable for your 4344,why not try C-C crossover network?there are many posts about it in this forum
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by martin_wu99 View Post
    Obviously 350Hz crossover point is not suitable for your 4344,why not try C-C crossover network?there are many posts about it in this forum
    Thank you, I am very green about the crossover, what is C-C crossover network ? any post you i can refer to ? Sorry about that

Also ... do you mean I have to get a 290 Hz corssover point one or 250 Hz will be Ok as someone suggested

Appreciate for your feedback

FROM JBL 4344MK11 Manual
    "Ideally the systems should be placed at least three feet from any walls. The height, at the bottom of the Lens assembly, should be at ear level. The speakers should be equidistant from your primary listening position; the distance should be determined by the distance between the speakers.

We recommend that the angle between the speakers, at the listening position,be between 45° to 60°. For example, if the speakers are 8' apart, your listening position should be 8'–12' from each speaker. To widen the area in which the best stereo image will be perceived, turn the speaker to face theprimary listening position.

It is normally recommended that theloudspeakers beseated inlistening positionpositioned so that the ultrahigh-frequency transducers are towards the out-side. In some listening environments, however, the imaging characteristics may be improved by positioning the ultrahigh-frequency transducers towards the inside. We suggest you experiment with the positioning of your loudspeakers to determine the ideal placement in your listening room."

Toe in about 10-15 degrees

You might need to get them up off the floor for correct height.

Bi-amp crossover 290 hertz 3rd order Butter-worth slope most closely matches the passive crossover if using standard active crossover slopes.

I am local so if you need further assistance send me a pm

Have fun.

Thank you, I am very green about the crossover, what is C-C crossover network ? any post you i can refer to ? Sorry about that

Also ... do you mean I have to get a 290 Hz corssover point one or 250 Hz will be Ok as someone suggested

Appreciate for your feedback
    Buddy,just using searching function of the forum,there are many real experts on this forum
    46 lover

Thank you everyone, I have tried both, and turn on that I prefer the ultra tweeters on the inner edges due to my listen room envoirment

Hi Snoopy,The 4344 would be closest to 4345 vintage If I’m not mistaken, the 4345 uses 290 hz 18 dB slopes. Unfortunately I think there is no information for the 4344 with regards to what is the correct cards to use if you intend to use the Urei 5235 crossovers. That would have been a good reference. Hope this helps. Enjoy.

Thread Information