Thread: JBL 4520 and 8ohm woofers

JBL 4520 and 8ohm woofers

Hello! Just a "simple" question
    I have a pair of JBL 4520 and i want to load them with some JBL K140 -8ohm. The power amp that it will drives them is a Crown PSA2. What will be less stressful - harmful for the amp, placing the woofers in parallel or in line? Best regards !

The amp is rated @ 2 ohms I wouldn't worry about the amp running them in parralel. I would be more worried about cooking the drivers lots of power. You could run them in series to cut it down a bit. Less stress on both the amp and the drivers. I would think about using a high pass them depending on what you are doing with the cabinets just to play it safe. Playing music vs performance. It's not like you can get recone kits for them anymore which really is a shame!

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    The amp is rated @ 2 ohms I wouldn't worry about the amp running them in parralel. I would be more worried about cooking the drivers lots of power. You could run them in series to cut it down a bit. Less stress on both the amp and the drivers. I would think about using a high pass them depending on what you are doing with the cabinets just to play it safe. Playing music vs performance. It's not like you can get recone kits for them anymore which really is a shame!

Rob
    For sure i use an active crossover ! Crown for the lows and tubes for the mid and highs. Its for my home listening system

Thread Information