Thread: 2445H diaphragm

2445H diaphragm

Hello, I recently bought three 2445 drivers for a good price, (I hope!), can somebody of you experts tell me if the diaphragms are original?
    One more question, of course the internal foam need to be replaced, is it felt good for that?
    Sorry, one more question, where can I find the magnet protection rubber, I serched around but no luck! I need two.
    THX
    Giuliano

Name:  IMG_1228.jpg
Views: 678
Size:  92.5 KB

Name:  IMG_1232.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  93.3 KB

Name:  IMG_1230.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  90.3 KB

2445J perhaps? From what I see in the photos, they appear to be 16 ohm JBL Ti diaphragms.

Felt (thick) works.

jblpro might have the “tires”... or perhaps someone here (?)

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    2445J perhaps? From what I see in the photos, they appear to be 16 ohm JBL Ti diaphragms.

Felt (thick) works.

jblpro might have the “tires”... or perhaps someone here (?)
    Ops, right, they are 2445J! Not H, THX for the answer!

Quote Originally Posted by ompdiburi View Post
    Ops, right, they are 2445J! Not H, THX for the answer!
    hi,
    in the middle picture, no original screws, and no small 'sticker' on the dome top.

measuring the driver FR response with the horn (2311) would show the answer.....
    regards
    ivica

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    hi,
    in the middle picture, no original screws, and no small 'sticker' on the dome top.

measuring the driver FR response with the horn (2311) would show the answer.....
    regards
    ivica
    Yes the middle picture has no original screws and washers, but the diaphragm is the same, it does have the sticker on the top, look better at the picture.
    I will investigate about the different screws. First I want to change the inside foam. Actually I dont have any horn for 2", my idea is to use them with a yuichi horn in a two way system, long term project...
    THX for the answer

Giuliano

I have 2445 drivers in two way set up and i like them a lot, BUT to me those comes with both, bad and good news. Let`s start with a good news; If found second hand for a good price with a good diaphragms those are the best bang for a buck (for a two inch driver). Bad news; those are mid drivers. They need heavy EQ, or crossover trickery to get them play hi tones resonably, and even then they will not play hi tones with finesse of a good dedicated tweeter.

I can live with that, You will see for yourself.
    do not surrender never, except when you have to

The Boot (tire) (aka Magnet Cover) is JBL part number 73122 and shows as available form JBL but JBL doesn't show stock, at the moment. The damper pad is JBL number 61223 and JBL shows stock on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoD View Post
    I have 2445 drivers in two way set up and i like them a lot, BUT to me those comes with both, bad and good news. Let`s start with a good news; If found second hand for a good price with a good diaphragms those are the best bang for a buck (for a two inch driver). Bad news; those are mid drivers. They need heavy EQ, or crossover trickery to get them play hi tones resonably, and even then they will not play hi tones with finesse of a good dedicated tweeter.

I can live with that, You will see for yourself.
    Thanks for your opinion! Did you try different diaphragms? (2450, 2452 SL, or others...).
    In case I have two 077 in perfect condition that I can add, but first I want to try two ways only. The initial idea was three ways using a 2461 on the mids and 077, but recently I had the opprtunity tu buy the 2445J.
    Did you also try Eq using mini DSP or similar? My idea si to bi amp using mini DSP and in case add some EQ.

Quote Originally Posted by sguttag View Post
    The Boot (tire) (aka Magnet Cover) is JBL part number 73122 and shows as available form JBL but JBL doesn't show stock, at the moment. The damper pad is JBL number 61223 and JBL shows stock on it.
    THX for the info! I also need two "tires" for the 240X, can you tell me where I can check? THX and Bye!

By 240X do you mean the 2402 - 2405?

If so, the part number is 60750-02.

It shows that it can be ordered but the lead time is very long (over 2-months) which tells me that they may or may not still supply it. Sometimes it is a batch thing where they make a batch and you just have to wait until that happens. I'm optimistic that it can be sourced from your preferred JBL parts source (dealer) since normally things that you can't get are given lead times in years (seriously). Then again, I had a part that showed a month lead time become unavailable.

THX for the info! I also need two "tires" for the 240X, can you tell me where I can check? THX and Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by sguttag View Post
    By 240X do you mean the 2402 - 2405?

If so, the part number is 60750-02.

It shows that it can be ordered but the lead time is very long (over 2-months) which tells me that they may or may not still supply it. Sometimes it is a batch thing where they make a batch and you just have to wait until that happens. I'm optimistic that it can be sourced from your preferred JBL parts source (dealer) since normally things that you can't get are given lead times in years (seriously). Then again, I had a part that showed a month lead time become unavailable.
    Yes, I mean 2402/4/5H; thx for the answer!

Thanks for your opinion! Did you try different diaphragms? (2450, 2452 SL, or others...).
    In case I have two 077 in perfect condition that I can add, but first I want to try two ways only. The initial idea was three ways using a 2461 on the mids and 077, but recently I had the opprtunity tu buy the 2445J.
    Did you also try Eq using mini DSP or similar? My idea si to bi amp using mini DSP and in case add some EQ.
    I have did not try any other diaphragms but original 2445 ones.
    To get the most out of system i guess it is the best; three way, three amp, dsp system.

I do not have three power amplifiers. Or dsp. I have 075 tweeters and sound is much better when three way (passive crossover network) with those tweeters.
    But i went two way. for now. I did a little trick to boost hi tones; 2445 are filtered with first order crossover, and L pad attenuator - 15dB. I have that bypassed that with 4uF capacitors so it is letting through hi frequencies with no attenuation. It is ok like that, but hi tones lack extension and finesse of dedicated tweeter.
    My speakers are work in progress, it will be a lot of changes...
    do not surrender never, except when you have to

Thread Information