Thread: JBL Music 10 Subwoofer acoustical stuffing?

JBL Music 10 Subwoofer acoustical stuffing?

It looks like the design of this recent, cheaper sub uses the same Triple Chamber Bandpass design as my SB1, but with only two little "woofers", rather than four (see attached pictures of the 10 and the SB1 - the xover here is just hanging between the two woofers for picture's sake).
    It does put out a surprising amount of bass, but the sound is a little "wooly". And speaking of wool, on taking apart I see that there is no acoustic stuffing at all.
    It would seem that some stuffing would help, but I'm not sure where I would put it, since if all chambers were stuffed, there would be some stuffing in front of the woofers, which seems odd.
    Thoughts? And yeah, I know it's not a fantastic piece of gear, but it will be fine for the intended room.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

stuffing

Maybe.....I tried putting fiberglass in a Khorn project and a University Classic horn speaker, and both times we found much to our surprise, that it actually impeded low bass performance. Give it a whirl. you can always remove it.

Have fun.
    KEEP ON LISTENING!

Would you please tell me where I can download mp3 tracks for free?

I often listen to music online or on phone apps. Of course, it's more convenient for me to pay for a subscription to an app than to waste my internet traffic to listen to tracks. What are the advantages of listening to music online? You can find the song you want to hear to at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by bostavan View Post
    I often listen to music online or on phone apps. Of course, it's more convenient for me to pay for a subscription to an app than to waste my internet traffic to listen to tracks. What are the advantages of listening to music online? You can find the song you want to hear to at any time. If you want to download an mp3 piece to your computer or flash drive, you can use a unique site. I drive, so I need music in the car. The radio plays unimpressive tracks, so I prefer to download whole albums and listen to them on the road. I also like the way the DJs mix music. I downloaded some of the tracks on https://dj.mymp3.red/. You can also download from there because there's any song you want.
    I drive, so I need music in the car

Thread Information