Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Bgw amp plus eq for free!

Sea,

I understand you've navigated the Pacific ocean a lot with the Navy, i haven't. So this is like your backyard, and i'm confident you know the name of each girl and of each club between Portland and Sydney, lol. The uniform attracts ladies as you already know... Hence the song "In the Navy" i guess.

Its said to take 2 wks or so to cross the Atlantic by ship from eastern Canada to Europe.

Therefore, I would assume it might take a month from Australia to Canada's west coast Vancouver? What do you think, am i right or wrong?

Unless that ship goes straight to the Panama Canal to stop at... PUERTO RICO!!! LOL, after on to eastern Canada, in which case the journey might take an extra month.

The hazards of free shipping...

Quote Originally Posted by RMC View Post
    Sea,

I understand you've navigated the Pacific ocean a lot with the Navy, i haven't. So this is like your backyard, and i'm confident you know the name of each girl and of each club between Portland and Sydney, lol. The uniform attracts ladies as you already know... Hence the song "In the Navy" i guess.

Its said to take 2 wks or so to cross the Atlantic by ship from eastern Canada to Europe.

Therefore, I would assume it might take a month from Australia to Canada's west coast Vancouver? What do you think, am i right or wrong?

Unless that ship goes straight to the Panama Canal to stop at... PUERTO RICO!!! LOL, after on to eastern Canada, in which case the journey might take an extra month.

The hazards of free shipping...
    never made it to Oz .... tho have shipped a lot to there. have a good friend in Sydney, who I partially converted to a JBL fan (L250's & L166's) . AFAIR , sea shipping is abt 3 weeks, but their customs is very strict and items can hang up there for another 2-3 wks.

I'm often invited to his places in Sydney & Lipari , we had planned a long trip to VN then down under, but SWMBO's health has been iffy the last couple of years. Recently made a new friend in Nha Trang and the thought of someone to visit there (besides family) has perked her up a bit.
    Humans share 60% DNA with bananas

Thanks for the info. In my case the parcel has already been cleared by AU outbound customs for air travel which was later cancelled. Hopefully they won't repeat customs clearance procedures again to get aboard the ship.

So when the book does leave AU i can expect about 3 wks to Canada, unless its a "milk run" type of ship stopping at places on the way to unload stuff. That remains possible since this could be a cargo ship, considering there aren't many cruise ships left on the oceans these days with the pandemic, likewise with passenger planes in the sky.

Well, if SWMBO is being perked up by the prospect of visiting a new friend, that's nice, then you have to find a plane, or even a ship, hopefully not cargo one not really romantic, to get to VN/AU. Key word: Obeying...

Thread Information