ANOTHER TOY TO PLAY WITH...

While being at dealer's place for more Neutrik connectors and Rapco spkr cables, i purchased a used Direct Injection (DI) box. Dealer had an interesting model for cheap. Cosmetically it does show mileage, but everything used they sell goes first to repair tech dept for testing. There's various types and makers of DIs, Digiflex being a Canadian company i'd rather get one from them.

For $15.CAD the DI is a pretty good deal, i probably have my money's worth or more just with the connectors on the unit. My interest was in getting a stereo one, not a more frequent mono. Its not the only stereo on the market, but others like Rapco or Radial Eng., more often have 1/4" inputs and XLR outputs. The Digiflex has two 1/4", one 1/8" stereo, and two gold plated RCA inputs, then XLR outputs, giving more input flexibility from various devices. This one could be more audiophile or playback oriented, than musician specific (still has 1/4" & XLR).

It appears to be well made, built tough like most good DIs, the box connectors are protected, and its a relatively heavy unit at just over 1.25 LB. Approx dimensions are 5" L X 4" W X 2" H. The DI having rubber feet it won't scratch or slip on a surface, though one might use it vertically oriented on its side for space saving.

According to Digiflex its made of high quality components and has Audiophile grade transformers. Haven't had time yet to try it. But it might become a lower cost, passive alternative to an Aphex 124A i use to balance turntable signal for e.g., or using a 1/8" stereo cable to feed my MD recorder in the DI then on to mixer, etc.

Having checked this DSPDI carefully i'm not worried about the cosmetic, what matters most here is the connectors and the stuff inside that box, both of which are in good condition.

BTW to all viewers here, i never expected this thread would ever reach a quarter-million views! Thank You. Have other things in the pipeline but not enough time these days, pretty busy for a while. So we'll see.

Richard

Name:  IMG_2987.jpg
Views: 983
Size:  65.5 KB

Digiflex 2020 price list shown, DSPDI retail price now around $65.CAD

Name:  IMG_2986.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  74.6 KB