BGW 100B Pro power amp rated 50 W/ch. 8 ohms and 60 W/ch. 4 ohms (actual factory test: 55/80/162W mono).

YES, its absolutely FREE (shipping costs NOT included though, I won't pay to give it away!). Why give?

I've noted there may be some fans of BGW legacy here, so I decided to offer it here first in case, before sending it to recycling. I had two of these amps, one is already gone and the other is offered here.

Since I just received a nice reimbursement from the tax man, plus had put some money aside for new gear, I think extra cash is a good opportunity to act and timing is good to replace some of my older audio gear.

Plus I NEVER sell used audio equipment, not even for a dollar, not here nor on E-Bay. I always prefered to give it away for nothing, to someone who may enjoy it, since to me it has no monetary value left considering its age. As an accountant would say its been fully depreciated and has no book value anymore... Working fine or not the price is the same.

Good or bad, my audio equipment policies are: quality purchased new, hold on to it for a long time, when replacing time comes give away for free, don't sell on E-Bay or other. If no takers its going to electronics recycling.

That amp was purchased new by me in 1980 or so, never been on the road, has no dents nor scratches. One rack unit, about 19 lbs, "totally modular construction and large aluminum heat-sink." XLR/1/4". Haven't used it for a while so I need to confirm operational status.

I have the owner's manual (with full schematics and complete parts list), individually measured factory specs sheet dated 10 Dec 1979, product data sheet and most probably the original purchase invoice in my papers. The only thing I don't have for sure is the original box.

My responsability is limited to packaging it and dropping it at a Canada Post office, UPS or Purolator store for shipping. The beneficiary is responsible for making shipping arrangements AND PAYING for the carrier.

Naturally, considering the amps age someone with Electronics Technician's skills may be a good idea as I CANNOT predict the future regarding the amps longevity... There's no warranty, expressed or implied as they say, it comes as is, nice looking, for the circuitry its your baby...

Two years ago I gave away a nice and fine working 38 years old rack mount Spectro Acoustics pre-amp. I also have a nice and fine working Spectro Acoustics Octave Band graphic EQ purchased in 1979, used it a few months ago and still going fine! I'm willing to let it go also, for free as usual (shipping not included) if someone is interested. Same conditions. Pro construction and reliability but with sturdy RCA connectors. I still have the easy on/off rack mount adaptors, owner's manual, probably the invoice too. Spectro Acoustics was created by Bob Carver's former engineering colleagues at Phase Linear. If you want to know more on Spectro's story let me know.

I'm not in a rush as I have other power amps and EQs, but don't want to drag this on since I need space in the rack for new gear (or another rack), otherwise these will go to recycling...

Let me know here if you're interested by the amp and/or EQ.

REPLACEMENTS CONSIDERED:

For some its relatively easy. EQ: DBX Pro 1215 quite similar to my other EQ's. CD player: Tascam 200 series. Power amps are the bugger, rack space too! Not looking for hi-fi type stuff, already have that (NAD, Onkyo), rather looking for more PRO gear, built like it, dressed like it, perform the same and provide flexibility. No interest in Kilowatt amps. 200W bridged OK, seeking more quality than quantity.

ART, "In most cases, we simply do not stock replacement parts on older products where they are discontinued and the warranty period has expired", not good for me, goodbye!

Bryston 2B LP Pro, a favorite, pricing seen 2.3K+! for 60/100/200W, stretching it I could buy 2, but no $ left...

Crown, moving to Mexico?, Adios amigos, forget about me...

Ashly, SRA series, nice but cheap Euroblock plastic connectors on a 1K $ amp? NO WAY, for now...

Crest Audio, PA-150, seems discontinued, gain controls on back, prefer on the front, barrier strip in/out only(still available as IPS-150 In Peavey Commercial/Architectural Acoustics)

Rolls, RA 200, former owner of DOD (his initials), has most of what I want, no XLR but can live with balanced Neutrik 1/4" TRS, MOSFET!, high slew rate!, 70/100/200 W, 2 rack spaces maybe, at $575 CAD I can buy a few, "Regardless of age we don't usually charge for repairs, a lot of people really like this", me too! (like Bryston)

QSC, RMX 850a, it has everything I like and more!, except for the fan some say noisy others say not so?? Any member's info on this? Deeper, much heavier, more powerful, 2 rack spaces, though would complement my other QSC amps, at $500. CAD I could buy a few. Really tough call between QSC and Rolls, I like both...

Other suggestions or insight welcomed.

Richard