Thread: How to get stain out

How to get stain out

Have what looks to be a water stain on this grill. Does anyone have a idea how to get it out. Grill is of a tweed material. Thanks
    Name:  DSCN5392.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  181.9 KB

I've never had one of these grills off. Are you able to remove the logo and grille away from the speaker cabinet?

Yes the grills are removable and the badges. Model C54 Trimlines. Maybe distilled water and mist bottle with small shop vac. Lighty mist and vac dry?
    Name:  DSCN5395.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  62.6 KBName:  DSCN5394.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  216.1 KB

They look like cane grilles to me. I wouldn't scrub them with anything abrasive.

I do not have experience cleaning or refurbishing them, but spray-dab-dry seems
    like a good idea... perhaps blend cleaning efforts then blend any coloring efforts
    in the same way. Coat of lacquer afterward? I'd be interested in real/successful
    experience vs just replacing the grille material as I'd think it would be hard to match.

I have heard that you must use a water base solution to remove a water stain. Makes some sense. The suggested solution was distilled water with a bit of isopropyl alcohol and Dawn dish soap. Lightly spray it on with a plant spray atomizer. Gently absorb the moisture by pressing with cheesecloth or clean white cotton cloth, like a dishcloth. Do not rub it as the fibers will fray. Final dry with a hairdryer. May need a couple tries but do start with a small test section. Good luck.

A riskier alternative is the Bissel Little Green Machine, a small vacuum with a built-in Bissel liquid sprayer. Vacuum dry then lightly spray with the wand sprayer and gently vacuum dry. Abort rubbing with the vacuum nozzle if fraying starts. I would be careful to not soak the fabric too much. This vacuum works awesome for pet or wine stains on persian rugs, carpet or substantial upholstery of any material.

Thanks Roy, will try the first suggestion one. Distilled water and such with a little suckage

Thread Information