Thread: Troels G. - "The Loudspeaker" - Inspired by JBl 43xx series.

Troels G. - "The Loudspeaker" - Inspired by JBl 43xx series.

I thought some would enjoy this:

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/The-Loudspeaker.htm

That’s really cool.

Most of the T.G. projects I see disscussed on DIY audio seem to be about little two ways, which I don’t even read.

Thanks for the link!

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

How can you trust the opinion of someone who makes this statement in the first paragraph:

In one of the studios there was a speaker system, JBL 43-something, two 15" bass drivers, probably one passive, 10" midrange driver, horn-loaded compression driver and tweeter, probably 077.
    Okay, so we all know in 43xx with double-fifteens both are active. I've never seen a 43xx 4-way with double-fifteens with a 10-inch mid-bass driver. If we set those mis-statements aside, the rest is interesting and the craftsmanship looks to be excellent. Personally, as the owner of 4345s, I'm happy to see him choosing an 18-inch bass driver with a 10-inch mid-bass.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    How can you trust the opinion of someone who makes this statement in the first paragraph...
    At my age I dare not decry the memory of another.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Thanks for the link!

I hadn't seen that page before ( though admittedly I don't visit his site all that often ).

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    Thanks for the link!

I hadn't seen that page before ( though admittedly I don't visit his site all that often ).

Troels is a great guy. Always happy to answer any questions. His designs are highly appreciated in the diy community and he is very thorough with his documentation with the design/build process.

For the longest time (years), everything on his website was free. Then many companies (I think mostly in Asia) started copying his designs and selling them as their own for profit. Which eventually led him to redact crossover values.

If I was to build a studio monitor, I would definitely consider this over any of JBL 43XX series. I think that is easy for me to say because I've already built the 4345 in the past. Plus, just to be clear, I don't think the JBL 43XX lack in any way. I would just like to try a modern take on something like them.

Thread Information