Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MoD is playing with the Lansing heritage :-)

Ivica, thank You for the input.
    I have made compensation for the "hill" in 075 response. Those chinese diaphragms, do not match originals by any means, but they do the job good enough. They are not permanent solution, but for now...

Why I did not buy beyma and put the end to this? Because, I still have illusions about horn point source (without bass of course ). Show will go on.

I have a vision about one horn from approximately 500 Hz to 20 kHz (would settle for 800 Hz to 16 kHz). So, I have made a deal for two copies of 2360. Dimension wise they are very good, but they are made of more layers than originals, so they are thicker.

If I could afford, I would buy BMS 4590 and that would be it, but money is tight so let's play.
    2445 with smooth titanium diaphragms can be made to play flat to 20 khz (I have done it already, but brake up mods at 6.5 kHz, 8 kHz, and 12 kHz, make sound very harsh. 2445 are good for use between 500 and 6 kHz.
    I have also jbl 2426 I am going to ask local machinist to make me adapters from 2" to 1" throat, long 76mm. I am counting on response rise to about 3,5 kHz so quite attenuation will be required, and I plan to use that to set 800 Hz crossover point. If I could make 2426-2360 work from 800 Hz to 16 kHz I would be very happy.
    do not surrender never, except when you have to

Quote Originally Posted by MoD View Post
    ...Let say i have adapters which enable for 1" compression driver be mounted on horn for 2" drivers.
    How stupid would be to take 2360 horns and marry them with 2426 driver? I will probably try, but it does not hurt to ask...
    That has certainly been done. I tried it and didn’t notice a real difference in the very high end and went back to 2” drivers. A 2405 fixes it.

The reason for my late reply is that I had measurements of this set up once upon a time but they are gone.

The JBL 2427 was made just for this type of use.

All the best.
    Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Barry, do you mean the 2327 1” to 2” adapter or the 2427 driver with a 1.75” diaphragm and integral 1” to 2” snoot?

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    That has certainly been done. I tried it and didn’t notice a real difference in the very high end and went back to 2” drivers. A 2405 fixes it.

The reason for my late reply is that I had measurements of this set up once upon a time but they are gone.

The JBL 2427 was made just for this type of use.

All the best.
    Barry.
    Wow! I was not aware about 2427. That is a good news! It is possible!
    Bold part: More or less all compression drivers, after mid range fall with output on hi frequencies. But, one can EQ them flat (more or less ). That is not good Idea with 2445. But can be done with 2426. I do not have to go to 20 kHz; 16 kHz will do.

Pity about those measurements.

How long is 1” to 2” adapter on 2427?

Wow! I was not aware about 2427. That is a good news! It is possible!
    Bold part: More or less all compression drivers, after mid range fall with output on hi frequencies. But, one can EQ them flat (more or less ). That is not good Idea with 2445. But can be done with 2426. I do not have to go to 20 kHz; 16 kHz will do.

Pity about those measurements.

How long is 1” to 2” adapter on 2427?

I measure 13.3 cm from the front of unit (at the flange for the 2" opening) to the silver ring at the front of the driver (where the threaded on adapter will butt against the 2426/2427 threaded body).

Your work on this is inspiring - thank you for sharing!!Name:  20210512_115456.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  83.7 KB

Thank You tomee!

In the meanwhile, I was at the local lathe guy, and menage to convince him to make me two adaptor pieces, heavy influenced by 2327 adaptor, which lenght is 105mm which is 2.8 cm shorter than this 2427 adaptor. Hmmm. We will see what will be responce whit my adaptors.

P.S. Sharing is caring. And dialog with different people around the world with similar interest is fun and educative.

Thank You tomee!

In the meanwhile, I was at the local lathe guy, and menage to convince him to make me two adaptor pieces, heavy influenced by 2327 adaptor, which lenght is 105mm which is 2.8 cm shorter than this 2427 adaptor. Hmmm. We will see what will be responce whit my adaptors.

P.S. Sharing is caring. And dialog with different people around the world with similar interest is fun and educative.

Hi! Actually, this makes sense, as the front 'horn' on the 2427 is a screw on piece, and the 2327 adapter for the 2425 is flanged, so it will be shorter by the threaded portion (which does look to be about 28mm). If I could take this apart I would, to show you, but I can't seem to get it off.

I think the 2427 was meant to be a replacement for the 2425+2327 in the 2" exit installations, so it could be exactly the same. It is essentially the same as a 2426 threaded (screw on?) driver.
    I have only one 2427, bought 'by accident' on eBay when I put in a low bid not expecting to win but did in the end.

I think that only relevant measurement is length between driver exit plane, on the one side and end adapter mounting plate on the other side. Screw on piece enters threads inside adapter so it does not contribute to extend length. That is why I think I am 2.8 mm short if we take 2427 adapter as ethalon. I also think that 2.8 cm will not make significant difference.

Thread Information