Thread: KM2

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Looking at the vintage 4 ways the best part of those systems in my mind were the 10" drivers used.
    Yes. And, thats why, if You take a look at waterfalls then even best CD-s does not look so nice below ca 1200Hz. It makes you quicly think that there has to be a crossover at 1,2kHz region and then it's already obvoius: need a 10'' mid.
    One more cross, one more phase mess, how to make it all sing like one element?

Like You sayd Yourselt, Rob, when You buid Your stuff. Several CD-s measured same but sounded differend. Some nicely, effortless, some not - same graph.

I think ... I do not why but have such a strange feeling, there is a tiny possibility: JBL made some prototypes before they sent 9900 and 66000 into production line. I think this is a tiny possibility they listened them a'bit before, Yo

Thanks, but no thanks. Fellow Rob and Dr.db, I'll pass the 10'' part. Not because it's a bad suggestion but;
    Two reasons:
    - have in mind build up full system from zero: enclosures, drivers (buyable ones, new ones), dsp-board, Purify boards for higher, nCores(as they are bridgeable) for lows, all these all in my own-made racks. Plenty of fun ... I'd stay with 3-way this time.
    - another reason (a good one): if JBL itselt already placed 15'' below CD in ones of their best contemporary systems, in ones best systems on the Planet, than I do not want to try be smarter (I'm not crazy) but just try to clone - or not even clone - but rather take hints from there, the arrangement.

The exercise I took is ALREADY higher than me. If I want to play it Ok I have to do nothing but avoid mistakes. Simple!
    But mathematics says: the probability of errors is related to the square of the number of elements.
    The speaker. One cross, on error-possibility. Two crosses - 4 possibilities. 3 crosses (4-way) = 9 possibilities of errors. Simple!

I think I'm not able to make it right. I'll go basically 2-way. Low end is supportive - in the region cannot be heard the direction of sound. And Dirac Live probably helps me as well with the last one...

These 'veneered monsters', is a 'calculated simlicity' however they look like comlicated monsters. if take it in 'molecules', it's a simpliest way system with fewest possibilities of mistakes - one important cross: a two-way system. 4CD+15W.

Andy
    Last edited by Anti K; 02-01-2021 at 02:46 AM. Reason: type mistakes

Thread Information