Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: KM2

Bms 4540nd & hm-17-25 selenium

Quote Originally Posted by Anti K View Post
    here came new aspects... (not right time to publish it yet)

Am I crazy or is this possibility build up a 100dB-sensitivity system with 2x2216Nd + Ra951Be ?
    40-18000Hz (-3dB)
    In that case 045 is not capable anyhow (with it's '90dB hole')

Here was a topic about new D2415K, did someone measured it or has spec, how it acts at UHF area?
    Hi Anti K,

May BMS 4540ND would be OK
    http://www.bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=bms_4540nd
    or Ferrous 4538
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/bms_45388_ohm.htm

and Slenium Horn HM-17-25
    https://www.parts-express.com/Seleni...aign=100035528

Features:
    • Horn Type: Bi-radial
    • Minimum Frequency: 1,500 Hz
    • Nominal Dispersion: 60o H x 40o V
    • Throat Diameter: 1.0″
    • Mounting Type: 1-3/8″-18 TPI
    • Dimensions: 6.34″ W x 5.16″ H x 4.16″ D

Regards
    Ivica
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by ivica View Post
    Hi Anti K,

May BMS 4540ND would be OK
    http://www.bmsspeakers.com/index.php?id=bms_4540nd
    ... nice and quality built, has good feedback...
    Probably I test it.

But could You (or somebody) please explain what's going on with that after 15kHz?

Or here:
    http://www.bmsspeakers.com/fileadmin...5nd_curves.jpg
    Does really 2nd harmonic rise so much when turn the Volume Knob...?
    The first graph 1W and second 10W. What is the actual level between voice and 2ndHD. And what it could be at 60W, and what happens after 10kHz?
    I'm seriously asking...

Ribbon

Why there is so few Ribbons used in serious systems? Is that for they are so fragile?
    Cannot even breathe on...

They do not play low well. But at near-UHF region they - seems to me - just superb. And logic: surface of element weigth is measured in milligrams (not grams...).
    Low distortions, excellent waterfalls (above 5-10kHz).
    And they do not just measure nice, they actually sound christal clean highs. Despite bullets or rings mostly screem. What is the phenomenom?

Why they are avoided. At stage, I understand - fragile. But in room. Fix install...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I guess it depends on your application. Ribbons are mini line arrays and as such they typically have very limited vertical dispersion. This can be a boon or a limiting factor. Also most ribbons are not terribly sensitive.

But yes, I agree, a quality ribbon can sound exceptional.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I guess it depends on your application. Ribbons are mini line arrays and as such they typically have very limited vertical dispersion. This can be a boon or a limiting factor. Also most ribbons are not terribly sensitive.

But yes, I agree, a quality ribbon can sound exceptional.

Widget
    That's all I need to hear...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti K View Post
    ... nice and quality built, has good feedback...
    Probably I test it.

But could You (or somebody) please explain what's going on with that after 15kHz?

Or here:
    http://www.bmsspeakers.com/fileadmin...5nd_curves.jpg
    Does really 2nd harmonic rise so much when turn the Volume Knob...?
    The first graph 1W and second 10W. What is the actual level between voice and 2ndHD. And what it could be at 60W, and what happens after 10kHz?
    I'm seriously asking...
    Hi Anti K,

if talking about THD, 2nd harmonic of 10kHz is 20kHz, so I will not pay any attentions about that.
    Be aware that 1W would produce over 110dB level of sound, so 10W would correspond to 120dB....have You any expectations
    of such levels of sound over 10kHz. What would be the sound level in low or mid frequencies of such "music program".

Regards
    ivica

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    These are not ribbon transducers in the true sense of the word. They are planar transducers with a flat voice coil fixed to a substrate. A ribbon tranducer comprises a thin, usually pleated length of aluminium foil suspended between to magnets. It is by its nature a very low impedance device. Several lengths can be summed in series to raise the resistance or a matching transformer can be used. Due to their low mass and large surface area (compared to a dome tweeter) they have a fast rise time and low coloration. They are also used with horn loading to improve max sound level. See Decca Kelly ribbon.

Thanks for that. Whatever they are Stage Accompany seem to want to call them ribbons. No matter , the do fit with our Estonian friends' requirements , good efficiency ,power handling and FR extension out to 30k.
    They might be worth investigating since he is setting quite a high bar with the other proposed components.

M

Footnote , Whether he can integrate them with the rest of his proposed system remains to be seen. I'm pretty sure that SA will be able to provide appropriate DSP settings given that they use these drivers in many of their high power high resolution systems.

And of course the Beyma

Beyma TPL-150 AMT

Quote Originally Posted by macaroonie View Post
    Thanks for that. Whatever they are Stage Accompany seem to want to call them ribbons.
    And of course the Beyma
    TPL-150 AMT
    Thnx macaroonie. Beyma is on radar (graph I posted some time ago was also TPL-150).
    Have problems with placement, Beyma 150 seems last one in terms of measures, I can integrate.
    SA8535 is a savage for sure, the power handling etc. As my intention is use the ribbon at quite high region then maybe I'm not able to use the benefit of SA.
    Directivity of ribbons is a problem, i'm working on it. And that's why plan to use them only at very high as well.
    As Mr. Widget abtly mentioned, they are like 'small arrays'

HAVE 2 QUESTIONs

pos posted here , and others too, suggested use 2x2216Nd. Another just as a supportive for low.
    The Everest: 2 woofers work in one chamber. One is 'supportive' at low end. Why? Does it messes when waves sum at up to 800Hz?
    Today we have DSP and stuff like that.
    - But, when midbass works at higher than 100Hz region (when supportive is 'idle') , doesn't the supportive act like passive radiator at some messy phase? Both share same chamber: doesn't one affects another?
    (imho 4435 has separated chambers)
    - And then, which one (of Everest) is the mid-low and which one the low. The left one, right one, the outer ones? Or doesnt' matter at so low FR like below 800Hz.
    - When they move simultaneusly, movement's length drops 2X and piston has to move way easyer...

Mr. Widget , You had 66000 and 67000. They are huge.
    Let imagine for a moment, You didn't have any aspect but just sound, (no accomondation questions, WAF, and You hasn't also need for 'beauty of doing'). Did You moved them out?
    (though, probably Your TAD 10' mid outperforms in terms of clarity in You Mr.Widget Project the Everest in that region)
    But specially I'm interested Your opinion about the huge wide lens - You opinion, please?

The Everest: 2 woofers work in one chamber. One is 'supportive' at low end. Why? Does it messes when waves sum at up to 800Hz?
    It's a 2 1/2 way so both woofers share the same range from say 200hz and lower. The 4435 is a single shared box just like Everest. You really don't need 2 2216's unless it's a huge space.

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

I guess you’re asking how the large wide horn affects imaging? According to Greg Timbers the horn width is actually mostly aesthetic. The functioning part of the horn is maybe a third of the total size.

As far as how well the Everests image, they image better than many speakers, but not as holographically as the 1400 Array or the M2.

Widget

Single Woofer

I would go the single woofer route unless your space is way beyond 50sqm... no need for two woofers, one is plenty enough for ear damaging sound levels. And ofc more moved air is better, but if that's the goal I would pick subs anytime.
    Also I would think the 2 way solution without a (real) super tweeter is better for imaging and with a proper super tweeter details might be better. Nonetheless imaging quality is highly depending on the horn/waveguide so keep that in mind

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by Kreativlos View Post
    I would go the single woofer route unless your space is way beyond 50sqm...
    Best regards
    A'bit. About 10x more

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I guess you’re asking how the large wide horn affects imaging? According to Greg Timbers the horn width is actually mostly aesthetic. The functioning part of the horn is maybe a third of the total size.

As far as how well the Everests image, they image better than many speakers, but not as holographically as the 1400 Array or the M2.

Widget
    Thanks for sharing. It makes me bit sad. Why, I publish when it's time...

Thread Information