Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
+1

It can be very satisfying and rewarding to tackle a modern DIY project, but short of building an accurate clone, the likelihood of matching the performance of a modern JBL or other top flight system is unlikely without a lot of work, prototyping, and a bit of good luck. Even with the excellent test equipment we have available these days, most of us do not have the test facilities that Harman and the other big boys have.

I have built my own system that I prefer over the M2, but I wouldn't pretend that it is a universally superior system. FWIW: It is also a more costly system than buying factory built M2s.

Widget
Very true at every level missing one thing which is that the room is the most significant contributor to the overall sound. This is where DSP is yer buddy.
I think JBL went down a wrong path with the 2235 with it's mass ring. Flippant comment but why not add an extra 30g to the HF dia so that they would sing together. Just kidding.
Betcha 2234 is not too far away from 2216 in many parameters as is oddly enough 1400pro / nd.
JBL have made some dogs over the years. We all know that and the why.
I hope our new friend from Estonia can develop his systen to his great satisfaction.

Regds M