Quote Originally Posted by Anti K View Post
My listening room is basically like small club room.
Difference is, I do not stand (or jump) but just sitting in the first row.
Green rectangle is 'the listening' area (have to separate with curtains) and red line is 'the band'. Same time want to keep the clean look. No cahins and metal and scrached front grilles.
That's why I'm thinking of veneered monsters.
When there is a usual day, the curtains are hidden and the monsters play easy. The Volume-knob would be as well a part of plan...

Started the thread for some advise ... have people experiences with SUB18, how they are implemented with M2. If the M2 does not play all the way down - SUB18 does this part - maybe there is no need such of big enclosure for 2216 then ... etc.
Very cool project!

I can't speak to the use of SUB18 with the M2s, but I have used a pair of JBL ASB7118 subs (same driver in a slightly different cabinet and tuning) in an actual barn. They were able to fill the place with powerful and dynamic bottom end. I'm sure the addition of the SUB18s will help support your M2s in your large space.

I agree 100% with your idea of using the heavy curtains to frame out the listening area for more intimate or critical listening. Since the curtains will be invisible to lower frequencies, I think your idea of adding reinforcement here is very valid.

Widget