Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: KM2

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    I don't see the worry. What media are you using?? If it's CD anything above 20K is a moot point!

Rob
    Worry is, I have now 3 options.
    Or active DD67000 (original enclosures), or 'monsters' with 4367 lens , or M2 lens (made cabin's CNC drafts already, material didn't touched yet).

JeffW was right - there comes options. Came.

And as 476 is near-impossible to get then it's not a problem anymore either: Radian 951 (with another label of cause) is new 'official' 476 at Everest.
    Only questionable thing is 045 ... if go Everest.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ribbon

If that's true what shown on graphs, don't see any reason to avoid this...
    Have heard ribbons before, and they sound.

For the UHF...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti K View Post
    And as 476 is near-impossible to get then it's not a problem anymore either: Radian 951 (with another label of cause) is new 'official' 476 at Everest.
    Only questionable thing is 045 ... if go Everest.
    The Radian driver presumably will not have the JBL diaphragm, unless JBL has elected to give them the design and has wholly gotten out of the high-end driver business. There are a lot of unknowns there.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    The Radian driver presumably will not have the JBL diaphragm, unless JBL has elected to give them the design and has wholly gotten out of the high-end driver business. There are a lot of unknowns there.

Widget
    That the there is a throat mismatch to the horn. They use mylar like the 2435/2431 435Be 435Al

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

That the there is a throat mismatch to the horn. They use mylar like the 2435/2431 435Be 435Al

Rob
    Radian uses Be Dias and Mylar surround for 4inch as well. Light, dumping and durable.
    Throats are same: 1,4 and 2 inch.

Not too boring reading: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BoPET

Horns designed for D2 or 476 drivers have 1.5 inch throats.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Horns designed for D2 or 476 drivers have 1.5 inch throats.
    MY BAD! 38 vs 35,56mm.
    Saw a picture and was thinking is the flange's hole conical or do I see the pic just like that. Now here is the answer.
    Yo, there is also 2inch version in radian standard, probaly JBL got the extra 1,5version then (+0,05inch radius)

However, Behringer-folks assembled 476 and 951 to same horn (9800 imho) and wrote:

Due to the 4 slit phase plug, the JBL shows a drop in height from approx. 15 kHz. The superelevation at 12-14 kHz is due to the diamond pattern suspension and is not a problem in terms of sound. Since the drop in height is not uniform, equalization in the crossover is more difficult. Without the ingenious linearization of impedance by means of a copper-clad pole plate, the drop to the heights would be more serious.
    The radian falls through the 5 slit phase plug and the polymer suspension absolutely evenly up to 20 kHz and has up to 4 dB more "breath" above 17 kHz. This makes it very easy to rectify.

Jbl put the Radian in there for reason, seems to me, and Everest is better than ever(est).
    My Merz has also Cont tyres, Bosch el.mech, thousand pieces from somewhere but combo rides smooth.

Maybe it's even good news, at least Everest is still there and even not Bluetooth-compatible...

Quote Originally Posted by Anti K View Post
    Jbl put the Radian in there for reason, seems to me, and Everest is better than ever(est).
    I would bet the only reason for the change is economics. I doubt the performance has improved with the driver change, but it is possible.

With all due respect to Behringer, I’ll trust the engineering done at Harman over attempts at reverse engineering.

Widget

Quote Originally Posted by Anti K
    Due to the 4 slit phase plug, the JBL shows a drop in height from approx. 15 kHz. The superelevation at 12-14 kHz is due to the diamond pattern suspension and is not a problem in terms of sound. Since the drop in height is not uniform, equalization in the crossover is more difficult. Without the ingenious linearization of impedance by means of a copper-clad pole plate, the drop to the heights would be more serious.
    The radian falls through the 5 slit phase plug and the polymer suspension absolutely evenly up to 20 kHz and has up to 4 dB more "breath" above 17 kHz. This makes it very easy to rectify.
    I would bet the only reason for the change is economics. I doubt the performance has improved with the driver change, but it is possible.

With all due respect to Behringer, I’ll trust the engineering done at Harman over attempts at reverse engineering.

Widget

His quote refers to Guido.

EarlK

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    His quote refers to Guido.

EarlK
    Yes, as in Behringer Electric. That’s why I said with all due respect. The other Behringer wouldn’t be afforded the comment.

Widget

Yes, as in Behringer Electric. That’s why I said with all due respect. The other Behringer wouldn’t be afforded the comment.

Widget
    With you on that one Widget. Sadly they own Tannoy now.

Widget
    Look at the data sheet. Response drops like a stone from 10K

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Look at the data sheet. Response drops like a stone from 10K

Rob
    It is one of this weird drivers needs a crossover

The graph You attached - DD67000 is 96dB - the graph shows 951Be does EXACTLY 96db@20kHz.

Quite smooth graph IMHO to handle.
    There is a impedance rise at 1+KHz, has to take passively down even if make an active system, I think.

Widget
    Oh Okay.

I really wasn't sure which entity you were referring to.

Guido has published a bunch of useful information on his website ( mostly about Be diaphragmed drivers ) << so >> he deserves credits for that ( IMHO ) .

here came new aspects... (not right time to publish it yet)

Am I crazy or is this possibility build up a 100dB-sensitivity system with 2x2216Nd + Ra951Be ?
    40-18000Hz (-3dB)
    In that case 045 is not capable anyhow (with it's '90dB hole')

Here was a topic about new D2415K, did someone measured it or has spec, how it acts at UHF area?

Thread Information