Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBL 4345 price and availability

Quote Originally Posted by KTG View Post
    Unlike the pricing of the very efficient pricing of the stock and bond markets, this market is all emotion and availability. The investment might not be the best but a whole lot of fun.. Hard to have it both ways.

For me, it's a minor miracle that any audio gear retains the value you purchased it for, let alone actually continuing to increase in value. So, I don't look at purchasing audio gear as an investment and try and make comparisons with the increase in value vice what the same money would have done in the stock market. I do take some comfort in knowing that I will get all of my money back and possibly more down the road if I ever chose to sell a given piece of gear that is actually an appreciating asset, but I'm buying them to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by mep View Post
    Hi all. I just joined this forum and this is my first post. I would like to purchase a pair of 4345 speakers and I would like to know what the current price you should expect to pay for a pair in great condition. Also, does anyone have a line on a great pair for sale. Thanks.

Mark
    Probably anywhere from $7-12k, depending on whether they are factory built or "clones", condition,
    correctness of the system, if anything has been updated, location, and a few other things ...

This is post is for your amusement, opinion only, and no indication if you ever will find a pristine original 4345 system for dirt cheap ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    Probably anywhere from $7-12k, depending on whether they are factory built or "clones", condition,
    correctness of the system, if anything has been updated, location, and a few other things ...

This is post is for your amusement, opinion only, and no indication if you ever will find a pristine original 4345 system for dirt cheap ...
    Where to find $7k original factory built 4345? I have great interesting
    46 lover

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47 View Post
    I have an original pair. Cosmetically good but not pristine. Sonically they are better than new. The crossovers are expertly upgraded by a knowledgeable forum member for bi-amp only. They are in Central Illinois; meeting halfway for handoff would be a possibility if you are in TN. I would consider selling because I am downsizing my lifestyle.
    What's the price?
    46 lover

Those particular stock 4345s have a rich and storied history on these forums.

Its not just what it is but who's owned it.

That commands a premium price.

Probably $15k USD plus shipping for a pair of originals in perfect shape. Slightly more with spare grilles in alternate color.
    Theoretically that is. If they were for sale. Hey, should this thread be in Marketplace???

Quote Originally Posted by remusr View Post
    Theoretically that is. If they were for sale. Hey, should this thread be in Marketplace???
    It should be in Marketplace IF your theory or hypothesis can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt via the Scientific Method

If the sale goes forward, please post a link to a set of high-res photos. I'm sure there is a collector out there you'll eventually find who won't hesitate and will just write a check.

Thread Information