Thread: JBL Synthesis current place of manufacture

JBL Synthesis current place of manufacture

I am new to the JBL Synthesis line of products, only recently having discovered them. I am interested in the 1400 array speakers and the 1500 subwoofer. I assume at this juncture Harman is making them in China. Please advise if correct.

I am not trying to stir up trouble here, just need info. Thanks to all.

I’m not certain but I thouhgt I read that the 1400’s and 1500’s went out of production last year.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    I’m not certain but I thouhgt I read that the 1400’s and 1500’s went out of production last year.
    I'm fairly certain they are out of production. I'm not sure when the last production run was made.

In the world we live in today a simple question like, "Where is such and such made?" is not a simple question. This is true for many JBL items as well as products from many other large companies.

Regarding the 1400 Array speakers and the rest of the Array series, the first run were using Asian cabinets with US made drivers and were assembled in the Northridge California factory. When they closed the California factory, subsequent runs were using Mexican assembled drivers with final assembly being done in Mexico. The same is true for the Everest DD66000 and the K2, but their cabinets had been made in Denmark.

For the Array Series, if the cabinets are in the red toned finish they were "Made in USA", if the cabinet finish is the dark gray, they may be from Northridge or Mexico. The name plate on the rear will tell you where they were assembled.

Widget

I have seen them pop up on audiomart occasionally

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I'm fairly certain they are out of production. I'm not sure when the last production run was made.

In the world we live in today a simple question like, "Where is such and such made?" is not a simple question. This is true for many JBL items as well as products from many other large companies.

Regarding the 1400 Array speakers and the rest of the Array series, the first run were using Asian cabinets with US made drivers and were assembled in the Northridge California factory. When they closed the California factory, subsequent runs were using Mexican assembled drivers with final assembly being done in Mexico. The same is true for the Everest DD66000 and the K2, but their cabinets had been made in Denmark.

For the Array Series, if the cabinets are in the red toned finish they were "Made in USA", if the cabinet finish is the dark gray, they may be from Northridge or Mexico. The name plate on the rear will tell you where they were assembled.

Widget
    thanks to all for this information

Thread Information