Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Remarkable flip side

Demon Thor, The Army (part 2), 1973, United Artists Germany, 35548A

"The Army" was the second part of the last track on LP "Demon Thor Anno 1972". Very rare 45rpm. This group was a Swiss-German-connection: composer Tommy Fortman plus members of Swiss "Krokodil" and German Geff Harrison of Kin Pin Meh. Produced by Dieter Dierks and Gerd Augustin. Krautrock at its best.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Atlanta Rhythm Section, Everybody gotta go, 1976, Polydor Germany 2066 774, 45rpm

"Everybody gotta go" is a powerful boogie on flipside of "So in to you", which was a lame duck in Supertramp style.
    But this one is characterized by strong guitars and lyrics: "Take Vitamin C, B12 and E for your eyes, skin, teeth and bones. But when the good Lord calls, you can forget it all. Don't you know you're as good as gone?" An enjoyable depressive boogie for this bright beautiful spring morning, written by Buie/Nix/Daughtry, mastered by Bob Ludwig. Life ist just a dream? This boogie brings you back to reality, isn't it?
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Flip (B) side of Church Street Soul Revival was Draggin the Line by Tommy James if I recall Casey Kasem correctly

David Bowie, Wild eyed boy from freecloud, 1969, Philips UK, Mono, 45rpm

Wonderful song. Allegedly the debut of Mick Ronson. The outro is slowed down by superb "Buckmastering". Oh, this boy could sing: 50 years ago...

Bowie selbst sagt über das Lied: “It was about the disassociated, the ones who feel as though they’re left outside, which was how I felt about me. I always felt I was on the edge of events, the fringe of things, and left out. A lot of my characters in those early years seem to revolve around that feeling. It must have come from my own interior puzzlement at where I was” (dt.: Es ging um die Außenseiter, die von sich glaubten, außen vor zu bleiben, so fühlte ich mich damals. Ich fühlte mich immer an der Kante und am Rande der Ereignisse, draußen gelassen. Eine Menge meiner Charaktere der frühen Jahre scheinen um dieses Gefühl zu kreisen. Es musste aus meiner inneren Verwirrung, wer ich war, kommen).[16] (Wikipedia)

David Bowie, Cat People, 1983, EMI Germany, 45rpm, 006-86 660

Remarkable because this newly recorded version is the one with the powerful Stratocaster sounds played by Stevie Ray Vaughan. This version, engineered by Bob Clearmountain, is much more better than the 1982 Moroder-produced original for the soundtrack of "Cat People" with Michael Landau contributing the guitars.

The Champs

In 1958 Challenge Records released "Train to nowhere" by the Champs. Anybody knows it? The record initially found little success. After a DJ in Cleveland had played the B-side, this record skyrocketed up the charts, reaching Nr 1 on Billboard. The flipside was the big hit: "Tequila"!

Rod Stewart, Maggie May, 1971

One of the most famous flip sides was "Maggie May" in UK and US. In Germany and France, it was on the A-side. The flip side was "Reason to believe".

Same with Hey Tonight/Have You Ever Seen The Rain by CCR: Hey Tonight was A side in Germany, Have You Ever.. was A side in the USA.

Best regards!

CCR: No throwaway on flip side

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Pirinha View Post
    Same with Hey Tonight/Have You Ever Seen The Rain by CCR: Hey Tonight was A side in Germany, Have You Ever.. was A side in the USA.

Best regards!
    CCR are an unusual exception. They always had a big hit on side A and B. No throwaway tracks IMHO.

ABC, Overture, 45rpm, 1982, 6059 571

A stunning little masterpiece on flip side: ABC, Overture (From the lexicon of love). Bravo Trevor Horn!

Wasn't Trevor Horn singer with the »Yuggles« on a 1980 album with the significant title Drama?

Best regards!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz The Cat View Post
    Do you remember any 7" (45rpm singles) or 45rpm maxi singles with remarkable flip sides? Forgotten gems?
    Listen to Booker T Jones' vocals in "Johnny, I love you"! From OST "Uptight".
    Hello,
    Stax! I always liked the sound of these records and look what I saw when I visiting those studio in Memphis in 2015...

Music is emotion.

I wonder if these Voice of the Theater's work well in this configuration .

Best regards!

The Top 9 Double-Sided Singles of the Beatles

https://www.culturesonar.com/beatles-singles/

I read and posted here (somewhere ) a quote from George Martin that
    "hits were released as singles, lesser songs relegated to albums"
    (I'm paraphrasing from memory)
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Rickie Lee Jones, Woody & Dutch on the slow train to Peking, 1984

Flipside of "The real end": "Woody & Dutch" is so funny, funky and freaky. Do you like it like that?

Thread Information