Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Authenticating a pair of 4343B's

If you shy off from the purchase l think we could get very close to the stock 3143 crossover

It actually doesn’t use tapped inductors.

All you need is to come up with a foil badge and l think that guy on eBay could be pursuaded to make some of those.

The actual electronics is a weekend job on the work bench with a soldering iron.

The metal enclosure could be fashioned from sheet aluminium and painted grey

I actual did a 3143 charge coupled design for a member last year.

The stock schematic could be laid out very close just like Jbl did (non charge coupled)

You could do the same with the rear plate

The Biamp switch is a multi pole rotary switch. They can be sourced.

If the stock box is in really good condition then that’s a win.

Something to consider before you pull the trigger
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Okay, the seller opened up the possibility of shipping the speakers.
    If everything can be done via Paypal, it could be interesting going down that route.
    But still, I need to cover my bases... Let's see what happens

Too good to be true

I have concluded this is too good to be true, and I am out of the deal.
    The reason for my decision is a couple of things:
    1. the price was VERY low: 2200 Euro, is very much below market price for an original pair.
    2. Inconsistency in communication:while being very friendly and promising the possibility of pickup, and having a lot of detailed images, when it came to arrange the pickup the thread halted, indicating a wish to only deal via bank transfer - where I am not secured.
    3. No Paypal - while I do understand a seller being sceptical in dealing with large amounts over a platform that secures the buyer.
    3. I found the same images used in the ad, across a number of previous ads in Italy, France and Germany.

While there can be logical explanations to all the above, it is too great a risk, so instead I have decided to continue my journey towards building a clone.

I need a couple of things, the 2121 being the clear winner in terms of "hard-to-get'ness". If anyone has leads towards 2121A/H or C8R2121 kits, I am very interested.
    I am balancing between aiming for 4343 or 4343B - I think the path will be chosen by what kind of 2121 mid-drivers I get my hands on. If I get 2121H, I will try to source 2231H as well. (Although that one is harder to find, than the 2231A )

Thank you all very much for the information in this thread, you're help has been very much appreciated.

When I get closer in the process, I will start a dedicated thread.

Thank you all again!

Best regards
    Soren Iversen

Thread Information