Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBL 4365 life-hack

Hi Guys,

Am enjoying this thread as I too feel that more could be coaxed from 4365s.

In particular, the DIY crossovers mentioned by Baldrick sound very interesting. Do you have any more info? Schematics maybe?

Jim.
    Linn KDS, Linn KK, Bryston 4B SST2, JBL 4365
    Shropshire, UK.

The modified crossover uses Equal values but Components with better quality, i.e. the resistor, org vs New:

The best solution would probably to also include a LP filter @ aprox 15k on the MF, maybe it could be copied from S9900 if it has a LP filter? Haven't checked....

I think at the best way is to change all capacitors in the high network not only two, if you are going to get best out of them
    I see at this look´s like high end capacitors but the low quality capacitors are still left in the board

Ari

I had that thought as well when I pulled out the crossovers of my 4367's, but when I added up how much it would have cost me to get all of the values I quickly gave up. Some of those caps are also for the circuits that won't be active if not selected via the attenuators on the front of the speakers.

The most important parts is the 2 caps in series and also the resistors in use (you don´t have to replace all 5 connected to the switch). But since the network is CC replacing the caps with better is probably not equal important that it would with a none CC network.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitero View Post
    I had that thought as well when I pulled out the crossovers of my 4367's, but when I added up how much it would have cost me to get all of the values I quickly gave up. Some of those caps are also for the circuits that won't be active if not selected via the attenuators on the front of the speakers.

I bought all the capacitors new from Jantzen in Denmark and believe me they are not cheap
    but the different in sound quality are there also

Ari

Thread Information