Quote Originally Posted by notengewirr View Post
I added some pics of my "modified" 4425 ;-) We found out the back-plate of (most) older JBLs are flimsy and causes bass resonances ! So we added a second plate glued&screwed on. The design is following the black front edges. So it looks like a "sandwich" design.
Beautifully done, very subtle and imho with no break at all rgd the original technical intentions & perhaps even slightly refining the aesthetics of an already very pleasing industrial design

Quote Originally Posted by notengewirr View Post
My listening room is only 16qm and the distance from my listening position to the speakers is max 2.8m !
The phase allign (right word? ) is better than with 'bigger' systems , and i believe much better than with systems using more than 2 drivers.
If you are (i) close to the speakers, have your (ii) ear at or about 4342 axis, and (iii) have little or no toe-in towards your listening position, plus (iv, does this list ever end?) are brave enough to allow for at least some of the screws, try to turn the 2242 90°. I have never tried that horn but tried this trick successfully on 2344 and 2360 in several of my 90's and '00 years setups when using the JBL Biradials or the EV HP series equivalents

Ralph