Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 59

Thread: Does humor belong in music? (Frank Zappa 1986)

  1. #31
    Senior Member Fritz The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Gallen Switzerland
    Posts
    2,732

    Jefferson Airplane, The Worst Of, 1970, RCA Germany, NL 83661

    The worst of JA? Or the crown of creation?
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Hannl Washing Machine }=-

  2. #32
    Senior Member Fritz The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Gallen Switzerland
    Posts
    2,732

    Meat Loaf, Paradise by the dashboard light, 1977

    The duet by Meat Loaf with Ellen Foley in "Paradise by the dashboard light" is big funny cinema. The expulsion from paradise. Girl: Will you love me forever? Boy: Let me sleep on it. Girl: Before we go any further, do you love me? Boy: I'll give you an answer in the morning..... And finally in the usual end after some years: Boy: ...if i gotta spend another minute with you i don't think that i can really survive. Praying for the end of time, so i can end my time with you....
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Hannl Washing Machine }=-

  3. #33
    Senior Member Fritz The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Gallen Switzerland
    Posts
    2,732

    Triumvirat. Russian Roulette, 1980, Harvest Germany, 1C064-45834

    Anybody needs a toothpick? Enjoy your meal!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Hannl Washing Machine }=-

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    367
    Is this Jürgen Fritz who tries to clean his interproximal spaces with a razor blade?

    Best regards!

  5. #35
    Senior Member Fritz The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Gallen Switzerland
    Posts
    2,732

    Jürgen Fritz

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay Pirinha View Post
    Is this Jürgen Fritz who tries to clean his interproximal spaces with a razor blade?

    Best regards!
    Apparently Jürgen Fritz outlived all his dudes after so many Russian Roulettes. But this was his last Triumvirat record. Triumvirat? In fact this was a solo LP. Old loves die hard...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Hannl Washing Machine }=-

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    367
    I only own one album from them, Illusions on a Double Dimple, that I've bought in my youth right after it's publication. It's quite a nice album, but sorry, not a trace of humour on it.

    Best regards!

  7. #37
    Senior Member Fritz The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Gallen Switzerland
    Posts
    2,732

    Look here

    Quote Originally Posted by Kay Pirinha View Post
    I only own one album from them, Illusions on a Double Dimple, that I've bought in my youth right after it's publication. It's quite a nice album, but sorry, not a trace of humour on it.

    Best regards!

    Look here:

    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...le-1974-34784/
    Gruss aus der Schweiz
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Hannl Washing Machine }=-

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    367
    I have to stand corrected. Indeed there's some humour or irony at least with that Illusions on a Double Dimple album of 1974. The German trio Triumvirat often was considered ELP wannabees or even clones, mostly due to the keyboardist's sound and virtuosity. With this in mind, pleas have a close look at track B5 :

    Name:  20191016_181556_kl.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  97.4 KB Name:  20191016_184411_kl.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  56.2 KB

    Best regards!

  9. #39
    Senior Member SEAWOLF97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    sheltering in place
    Posts
    9,667
    I don't know if this belongs in "humor" or in "rap/crap" , but whatever it is,
    it's Rapture

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCd...dSZbvftF1H-f8I

    Go out to the parking lot
    And you get in your car and you drive real far
    And you drive all night and then you see a light
    And it comes right down and lands on the ground
    And out comes a man from Mars
    And you try to run but he's got a gun
    And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
    And then you're in the man from Mars
    You go out at night, eatin' cars
    You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
    Mercury's and Subaru's
    And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
    Then, when there's no more cars
    You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet
    Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
    One to one, man to man
    Dance toe too toe
    Don't move to slow, 'cause the man from Mars
    Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars
    Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall
    He's gonna eat 'em all
    Rapture, be pure
    Take a tour, through the sewer
    Don't strain your brain, paint a train
    You'll be singin' in the rain
    I said don't stop, to punk rock
    Well now you see what you wanna be
    Just have your party on TV
    'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars when the TV's on
    And now he's gone back up to space
    Where he won't have a hassle with the human race
    And you hip-hop, and you don't stop
    Just blast off, sure shot
    'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
    And now he only eats guitars, get up!
    It's the new Mother Nature takin' over
    She's gettin' us all, yeah, she's gettin' us all

  10. #40
    Senior Member Fritz The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Gallen Switzerland
    Posts
    2,732

    Humor?

    Quote Originally Posted by SEAWOLF97 View Post
    I don't know if this belongs in "humor" or in "rap/crap" , but whatever it is,
    it's Rapture

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCd...dSZbvftF1H-f8I

    Go out to the parking lot
    And you get in your car and you drive real far
    And you drive all night and then you see a light
    And it comes right down and lands on the ground
    And out comes a man from Mars
    And you try to run but he's got a gun
    And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
    And then you're in the man from Mars
    You go out at night, eatin' cars
    You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
    Mercury's and Subaru's
    And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
    Then, when there's no more cars
    You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet
    Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
    One to one, man to man
    Dance toe too toe
    Don't move to slow, 'cause the man from Mars
    Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars
    Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall
    He's gonna eat 'em all
    Rapture, be pure
    Take a tour, through the sewer
    Don't strain your brain, paint a train
    You'll be singin' in the rain
    I said don't stop, to punk rock
    Well now you see what you wanna be
    Just have your party on TV
    'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars when the TV's on
    And now he's gone back up to space
    Where he won't have a hassle with the human race
    And you hip-hop, and you don't stop
    Just blast off, sure shot
    'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
    And now he only eats guitars, get up!

    Does humor belong in rap/crap-music?
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Hannl Washing Machine }=-

  11. #41
    Senior Member Fritz The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Gallen Switzerland
    Posts
    2,732

    Captain Lockheed And The Starfighters, Same, 1974, UA England, UAG 29507

    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Hannl Washing Machine }=-

  12. #42
    Senior Member Fritz The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Gallen Switzerland
    Posts
    2,732

    10cc, Live And Let Live, 1977, Mercury Holland, 6641 714, 2LP

    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Hannl Washing Machine }=-

  13. #43
    Senior Member Fritz The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Gallen Switzerland
    Posts
    2,732

    The Scaffold, Singles A's & B's, 1982, See For Miles England, CM 114

    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Hannl Washing Machine }=-

  14. #44
    Senior Member Fritz The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Gallen Switzerland
    Posts
    2,732

    Leon Redbone, No Regrets, 1988, Sugar Hill, SH 3761

    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Hannl Washing Machine }=-

  15. #45
    Senior Member Fritz The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    St. Gallen Switzerland
    Posts
    2,732

    Ronnie Urini, Bats, 1987, Coma Austria, COMA 001




    It is not called cats. It is called Bats! Punk-Humor aus Österreich. Ein Gutes Neues Jahr an unsere Nachbarn.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Hannl Washing Machine }=-

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. control of Frank Zappa's legacy
    By SEAWOLF97 in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-08-2016, 08:57 AM
  2. Frank Zappa
    By warpig in forum Music
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-30-2015, 04:35 PM
  3. Zappa in plush surround sound...
    By jblnut in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-12-2006, 12:39 AM
  4. Humor
    By mikebake in forum General Audio Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-30-2004, 01:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •