Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Something magic

Peter Green, In The Skies, 1979, Creole Germany, 6.23793

Green!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Peter Green, Whatcha Gonna Do, 1981, Creole Germany, 6.24600

[QUOTE=Kay Pirinha;430838]The cover of your In The Skies album obviously differs significantly from any of my items.

Red and Green! Complementary colors and complementary sounds.
    -= { Creek Destiny | Reson Rota + MM-Ortofon| Epos Encore Speakers | Nessie Washing Machine }=-

Beggars Opera "Stretcher"

[QUOTE=Kay Pirinha;430838]The cover of your In The Skies album obviously differs significantly from any of my items. Here's PVLS 101 that I bought soon after it was released in 1979:
    Btw, he obviously influenced many other guitarists. Here's an example by Scotch band Beggars Opera from their 1972 album Pathfinder, written by their guitarist Ricky Gardiner:

Attachment 87104

Guess which FM tune was the pattern for this one?

I can't hear any similarity between "Stretcher" and any Fleetwood Mac song. Perhaps a faint homage to "Albatross"? Dunno!

Yes, that's how I see it ! Comparable with the similarities between FM's Oh Well and LZ's Black Dog .

Best regards!

Jimi Hendrix, People Hell And Angels, 2013, Legacy USA, 419 021 "Ambidexterity"

Left handed musicians: Paul McCartney, Albert King and many others. Jimi's Father reportedly believed playing left-hand was a sign of the devil. Jimi took right-handed Stratocasters and restrung them for playing left-handed. But he was a "mixed right-hander": he wrote, he ate and telephoned with his right hand. His guitar technique and simultaneous guitar solo/singing was a result of his "ambidexterity". Here lies the main cause of his genius. The magical interaction between left and right cerebral hemisphere. Ambidexterity as a condition for creativity and technical virtuosity. Jimi didn't care about it. Listen to Jimi playing bass on "Inside out" C3.
    The brain is something magic...

The Kinks, Live At The Kelvin Hall, 1967, Pye Germany, HTSLP 340 034

The 1967 Kinks-Euphoria: screaming girls all over! Typical for some English "boygroups". No access to USA. Listen to "Sunny Afternoon" A4.

Charly Antolini, In The Groove, 1980, MPS Switzerland, INAK 806, 2LP

The magic rises from the groove. Grooved into wax and pressed into vinyl: the "Nonplusultra" of (long-standing!!!/eternal???) music conservation. Apropos HIFI: look at the notice concerning the technical finesses on inner foldcover. "Altec-Lansings home version of the legendary professional "Voice Of The Theatre", the Model NINETEEN, to experience the fundamental low notes at highest sound pressure,..."
    Looks great IMHO.

Dreaming The Beatles

Magic of friendship of Lennon/McCartney and their first record. February 11, 1963: The Beatles record their first album "Please Please Me", in a one day marathon thirteen-hour session. "I saw her standing there" is the best first song on a debut album, ever. (Cit.: Rob Sheffield, Dreaming The Beatles, 2017, Harper Collins Publishers, page 39)

Black Sabbath, Same, 1970, Vertigo France, 847 903 VTY

Tritonus: just two intervals with 3 notes. Known in music theory as "diabolus in musica". What effect!
    Black Sabbath title track A1.
    Cit. Wikipedia: The song "Black Sabbath" was one of the earliest examples in heavy metal to make use of this interval, and since then, the genre has made extensive use of diabolus in musica.

Tritonus is the interval that divides an octave in two equal parts, for instance c - g#- c'.

Best regards!

Jimmy Campbell, Half Baked, 1970, Vertigo England, 6360 010

The magic of the swirl. Is there any Swirl-Vertigo album that is not cult today?

Santana, Africa Speaks, 2019, Concord USA, CRE 00927

The same black magic feeling as in the early 70s?
    Produced by Rick Rubin!

I don't know this album, but from other things Santana did later on I suspect it isn't. Am I right in assuming it's just heavily polished pop, adressed to the big American mass market?

Best regards!

Ethno Santana

Quote Originally Posted by Kay Pirinha View Post
    I don't know this album, but from other things Santana did later on I suspect it isn't. Am I right in assuming it's just heavily polished pop, adressed to the big American mass market?

Best regards!
    No no, not at all. It's african ethno soul rock. Much afro female vocals! Compare it to Osibisa (?) Its not the usual Santana MOR as we are tired to listen to since the 80ies and 90ies.

Stevie Wonder, Fullfillingness' First Finale, 1974, Tamla Germany, C 062 95 761

Stevie had a near-fatal car accident in 1973. So he wrote this thrilling song: "They won't go when i go" B3.

Thread Information