Thread: Does anyone have the specs for a JBL ME150h woofer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    fslove

Does anyone have the specs for a JBL ME150h woofer?

I just received a JBL ME150H woofer as replacement for a 15" woofer that blew in a JBL PSW-D115 powered sub and would like to know the specs on this new pro woofer. Since JBL doesn't make 15" consumer woofers thye are replacing them with pro versions.

Thanks!

Some info is available using the "Search" function on these forums, for example:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...ghlight=ME150H

Seems we don't know the entire picture yet here....

fslove
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilch
    Some info is available using the "Search" function on these forums, for example:

http://audioheritage.org/vbulletin/s...ghlight=ME150H

Seems we don't know the entire picture yet here....
    Thanks for pointing that out. I did do a search but I forgot it was a google NOT a forum search.

Reading a bit about this woofer I find it is NOT a sub-woofer but a woofer. My question is did Harman Karden screw me over by replacing my original sub-woofer from my JBL PSW-D115 powered sub with a ME150H woofer?

What charateristic differences are there between woofers and sub-woofers?

Will using this woofer as a sub-woofer in the PSW-D115 enclosure be OK ( I am bypassing the internal digital amp and using a external analog amp), and will it produce the low bass response the original sub-woofer driver did? The PSW-D115 was spec'd at down to 25Hz.

Thanks for any input.

I think that at least dollar wise, you came out ahead. Unless I am mistaken, that's the woofer used in the S3100, a pretty high end system. I wouldn't mind that kind of a deal, considering the cheap stamped frame driver that they are replacing.

fslove
    Quote Originally Posted by Don C
    I think that at least dollar wise, you came out ahead. Unless I am mistaken, that's the woofer used in the S3100, a pretty high end system. I wouldn't mind that kind of a deal, considering the cheap stamped frame driver that they are replacing.
    Don,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you think using this driver as a sub-woofer is OK? As I said above I am bypassing the digital amp and using a good analog amp for this but still use the enclosure. Will this driver do 25Hz. as the old one did?

mrbluster

Me150h

Don is correct, that is the bass unit from the S3100 and a very fine driver. I think it is comparable to the more familiar 2235. It is definitely an upgrade and should exceed your expectations including 25HZ extention. I would consider this a very positive turn of events.

MRBLUSTER

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by fslove
    I just received a JBL ME150H woofer as replacement for a 15" woofer that blew in a JBL PSW-D115 powered sub and would like to know the specs on this new pro woofer. Since JBL doesn't make 15" consumer woofers thye are replacing them with pro versions.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by fslove
    Do you think using this driver as a sub-woofer is OK? As I said above I am bypassing the digital amp and using a good analog amp for this but still use the enclosure. Will this driver do 25Hz. as the old one did?
    The ME150HS is the designated replacement driver for the PSW-D115.
    The ME150HS is 3.12 times more expensive than the original driver (NLA).

Thread Information