Thread: Jbl 044 vs 044ti

Jbl 044 vs 044ti

Hi. I recently bought a mcintosh c45 preamp to run togheter with my mc1.2kw monoblocks. However my speakers 250ti that i run with a jbl b460 have startet to sound hard on the top in certain categories. Ive tried with my jbl L96 and they sound fantastic so Iam planning on switching tweeter. Does anyone have the specsheet on the tweeters mentioned in the title? /Rockya

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Well I removed the 044ti's and had them brought to probably Swedens best repair place in Gothenburg when Its concerning JBL and they said they where in perfect condition which makes me wonder

I wouldn't think that swapping tweeters would be advisable. Unless the ti tweeter is actually taken apart you can't tell if its in "perfect" condition or not. The foam plugs are known to cause issues.
    You might also want to check out the mids, which can sometimes go bad too.

If they sounded fine before and only recently deteriorated in the upper end, it's most likely a problem in the "perfect condition" tweeters . . . or the crossovers. Who knows what the "experts" checked?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I still have them out on the dining table. I'll remove the cover and have them checked personally. As said it was the same week i installed the c45 that I noticed the diffirence. Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    If they sounded fine before and only recently deteriorated in the upper end, it's most likely a problem in the "perfect condition" tweeters . . . or the crossovers. Who knows what the "experts" checked?
    I don't know of any test or way to check for deteriorated foam plugs , other than to listen to them
    (and even then you would need to know what they sound like when "correct") or open them, which I REALLY doubt that a shop would do.

My GUESS is: even if plugs were completely gone, an "expert" would just put the aberration down to "that titanium sound"

NOTE all the crumbled foam in the gap.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

Thread Information