Thread: Upgrade for L100a

Upgrade for L100a

Thoughts about using a pair of 0531t tweeters as an upgrade in stock Centurys? I know there will be cosmetic issues...
    How about using a modestly priced, modern 3-way crossover? I don't see pre-made ones that crossover from low to mid at 1,500... more an octave below that... but the stock crossovers are so minimal that anything may be an improvement...
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebster View Post
    Thoughts about using a pair of 0531t tweeters as an upgrade in stock Centurys? I know there will be cosmetic issues...
    How about using a modestly priced, modern 3-way crossover? I don't see pre-made ones that crossover from low to mid at 1,500... more an octave below that... but the stock crossovers are so minimal that anything may be an improvement...
    Thanks!
    The 1½" cone tweeters on the L100A aren't bad. The uneven response of the LE5-2 mid-range is much more of a problem.

A more recently designed DIY crossover solves most of the L100A's problems without changing any of the drivers. Crossover frequencies are at about 950 and 5000 Hz, and have steeper roll-off slopes than the original minimal crossovers. See details here http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...00A&highlight=.

Recommend you look at the JBL Alpha1S70 crossover ...would also recommend replacing the midrange with either 104h2 or the new Simply Speaker reproduction le-5.

Thread Information