Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBL System 205 (130A woofer 275 driver 5040 horn N600 crossover) custom cabs

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmics View Post
    In one of my old JBL Service manuals is the schemetic for an LX5 - Listed as used in the Metregon with the 2215 (16OHM) woofers

If interested I could post it up.

Oldmics
    Thanks for checking in Oldmics. The LX5 is for the C51 Apollo that has the LE85 driver. I don't know the cps cutoff on that driver. The 275 driver has a cps cutoff of 600. The age seems to be the right era.

Quote Originally Posted by Lampcord View Post
    Thanks for checking in Oldmics. The LX5 is for the C51 Apollo that has the LE85 driver. I don't know the cps cutoff on that driver. The 275 driver has a cps cutoff of 600. The age seems to be the right era.
    Oldmics, please go ahead and post the image of the LX5. I just looked it up in the library and it shows it having a cps cutoff of 500, only 100 difference than mine. I'd like to look at it. Thanks for your help.

SkeeMatic

As requested

Oldmics
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As requested

Oldmics
    Does that manual mention system 205 anywhere? Thanks for LX5 schematic!

References

That Service Manual that I acquired the picture from does not mention the 205 system.

It mentions the use of these systems in the Metragon.

S82

S92

That being said I do have another manual (unfortunatly NO N600 schemetic) that does mention the 205 system.

Apparently the 205 system was the early used version for the Metragon 2 way system. It used (as you already know) the N 600 crossovers.

Those N 600 crossovers were only used for the Metragon-2 way 275 driver. No other cabinet got those N 600 crossover units.

I would have to say that my Service Binder is from a later period of time and that is why the N 600 is not mentioned. Sorry

You could contact JBL and see if someone there has the N 600 schemetic. I would guess that it is a bit different than the LX-5.

Why not just pull out the old caps and measure them to see what the values are and then replace them with newer caps.

A heat gun and a solder station and your in business.

Oldmics

That Service Manual that I acquired the picture from does not mention the 205 system.

It mentions the use of these systems in the Metragon.

S82

S92

That being said I do have another manual (unfortunatly NO N600 schemetic) that does mention the 205 system.

Apparently the 205 system was the early used version for the Metragon 2 way system. It used (as you already know) the N 600 crossovers.

Those N 600 crossovers were only used for the Metragon-2 way 275 driver. No other cabinet got those N 600 crossover units.

I would have to say that my Service Binder is from a later period of time and that is why the N 600 is not mentioned. Sorry

You could contact JBL and see if someone there has the N 600 schemetic. I would guess that it is a bit different than the LX-5.

Why not just pull out the old caps and measure them to see what the values are and then replace them with newer caps.

A heat gun and a solder station and your in business.

Oldmics
    True. There's a guy on ebay in LA area trying to sell a metregon cab for close to $3000.00 Way too much. The most I've actually seen one sell for was around 5500.00. If I could find one in good shape for 1500.00 to 2000.00 I jump on it. Its wierd becuase tje original owners I got these from never had a Metregon. The man who had passed, was an engineer for Boeing. He just bought the parts and had the cabinets made.

Lampie

P.M. sent

Oldmics

Thread Information