Hey Folks, John here - first time poster.

I have a pair of original d130f's in AcoustiCraft speakers, circa 1960, which I understand worked fine at the time as home HiFi setup. I understand the d130f's were designed for guitar amplification in the lower end range, and to my uniformed ear, seems to sound best suited to from 50Hz - 500Hz, gets muddy from 500Hz-to 1500Hz, then cleans up 2k-6k (albeit a rather lowish tone, like cymbal crashes). I get these numbers by tinkering around with a phone-based equalizer, as currently I'm running digital signals to and analog adapter, then connect the adapter to the receiver via RCA's. Of note, it especially seems it does not capture mid to high drum toms well, and lacks clean highs from cymbals, etc.

Is it appropriate to add a mid-to high speaker to this setup to round out the sound (for example, the sounds produced by RUSH, my favorite band), or is it best to just leave it be and be cool with the warmer overall tones in this simple setup? If i were to add additional speakers, I do have another 4" opening in the cabinets, but really don't want to mess with drilling holes in the cabinets for wiring for things like additional speaker wires, crossovers, etc. My idea was to have separate smaller cabinets for mid to highs to sit on top of the cabinets.

If such a separated setup is feasible/advantageous, I am somewhat clueless as to crossover options and setup, but can study up on it.

Many thanks for your input!