I want get back into playing my vinyl, but I haven't been able to find a cartridge which mates well with my system. The turntable is a Technics SL-1700. I'm running both a 4412 and an L-110 in each front channel, powered by an Adcom 555 through a Mac C27 preamp. I've been listening to uncompressed music through my HRT MusicStreamer II+ DAC, or on my Marantz CD player. Friends have been generous with cartridge loans. I've tried a Shure M97XE (a bit too bright), a Grado Gold (sounds great, but hums when the cartridge is near the rim of the turntable), a Nagaoka MP-110 (nice and detailed but too bright and lacking a nice, solid bottom). I've even tried an old Stanton 500, which made all the vocals sound a little like AM radio. I'd like something with solid bass, nice open mid-range detail and a clean, but not overly-forward high end. Can anyone suggest other cartridges that would mate well with what I'm running, and give me that great JBL presence and detail without overloading on heavily-recorded passages? Can anyone here offer thoughts on the Audio Technica or Ortofon units mate with JBLs? I listen mostly to vintage material from '55 to '85. I'd like to keep the cartridge at $200 or less. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.