I'd like to ask for your thoughts on some possible directions I can take, after having used the UREI 813bx (with JBL coax) for some time now. I feel I can formulate what I like/dislike and maybe the next project will take shape (if the UREI's can't be changed to my needs).
Urei's do not have good midrange, in my opinion. It lacks clarity and has a thickness that does not blend gracefully to the highs. I can hear the tweeter being more distinct in the lower range but the woofer is letting it down by not taking over at the same resolution. Also, the lack of dynamics in the mid range is obvious. They are like a wet rag.

What I do like is the lack of comb filtering, the coherent presentation, and the consistent sweet spot and just plainly stating, a natural presentation of the sound that does not require a lot of "subconscious brain processing" to enjoy the music.

So I would like to get help in the general direction to look. Can the Ureis be made to have a better midrange? If not, I am open to going another direction, such as TAD type monitors or JBL 4722. Radian Be coaxials look interesting as well but I'm worried that may exhibit the same negatives as the UREI. The low depth is preferable in my situation. By no means are those the only options I see possible but knowing my UREIs and nothing else, they seem reasonable.

thank you all.
Herman