I am working on a new build that should kick butt over most systems, is maintenance free (i.e., no foams to ever replace or magnets to recharge), and uses no horns that can be peaky or honky, yet provides all the volume and dynamics you could want.

At this point I've assembled the components, and only lack for making new cabinets for the mid-range woofers (~0.75 cu ft).

The system starts with 2241H as the basis. These are mounted in custom made cabinets (to JBL specs) just under 7 cu ft and tuned to ~32-33 Hz. The cabinets are 24" x 21" x 30" deep. These were used in a church and are in absolutely perfect condition without a scratch on them. The cabinets look absolutely JBL, complete with JBL logos and handles that say 2241H, and even "tilt-back" wheels for easy moving. These will go out to ~250 Hz. They can be used horizontally or vertically (21" wide x 24" tall) to reduce edge diffraction with just 1-1/2" to either side of the woofers.

The mids are 2251Js and will be in their own smaller cabints that perch on the 2241s (ala Wilson and a bunch of other high end models). Use of the small cabinet will allow it to be positioned/aimed independant of the woofer and will not take volume from the woofers cabinet. Testing shows these are extremely smooth from ~200-2,500Hz.

From there the system will cross over to a set of modern Heil AMTs.

The system should be very dynamic.